2015 Recruiting thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
Yeah but this class was a bit weak on defense and that's already a weak spot. Offense is set for a couple years but you can't just count on outscoring everybody.

For sure. I coach in the area and saw Boykin a few times. Actually, I coached against another ND recruit too; The Bolingbrook kid, Treadway.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
Snoop Dogg's son commits to UCLA. Snoop says he will burn all his USC underwear and will 100% switch allegiances to UCLA. Gotta love Signing Day.

Didnt Snoop have an issue with Pat Haden or something? Or was it Sarkesian?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
Illinois with a big day, got a 4 star RB and the DL that we really needed. Should end up 5th or 6th in the BIG, which is huge for us.

B&B were all over Beckman's ass around 2pm; something about him blasting the media at his signing day presser. Anybody know anything about this?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
B&B were all over Beckman's ass around 2pm; something about him blasting the media at his signing day presser. Anybody know anything about this?

Just read some about it, apparently he was telling the media to focus more on the positives and not just the negatives (very much paraphrasing there). It didn't sound like a total shot at the media, but yea telling the media what to do will never go well.

I see his point, Beckman has dug himself (note: he did this all by himself) a big hole and the media (and let's face it, fans) aren't letting him get out easily. To him, the staff, and the players, the program is on the up and has had a couple really good months (making the bowl game, finishing strong recruiting wise), but to the media and most fans it's just a delayed crumble to a failed regime.

I don't think Beckman is the answer, but I do think he deserves credit for getting to that bowl game when pretty much everyone wrote them off, and to pull in a recruiting class like they did is a good sign. Now can he not just sustain it but grow on it? Not sure on that, but this year is 100% make or break for him.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
Just read some about it, apparently he was telling the media to focus more on the positives and not just the negatives (very much paraphrasing there). It didn't sound like a total shot at the media, but yea telling the media what to do will never go well.

I see his point, Beckman has dug himself (note: he did this all by himself) a big hole and the media (and let's face it, fans) aren't letting him get out easily. To him, the staff, and the players, the program is on the up and has had a couple really good months (making the bowl game, finishing strong recruiting wise), but to the media and most fans it's just a delayed crumble to a failed regime.

I don't think Beckman is the answer, but I do think he deserves credit for getting to that bowl game when pretty much everyone wrote them off, and to pull in a recruiting class like they did is a good sign. Now can he not just sustain it but grow on it? Not sure on that, but this year is 100% make or break for him.

Thanks, he's a doofus (and imo a worse coach than Zook), but I agree he deserves the credit you state.

After Texas State I thought that team was a borderline FBS team. That they improved into conference play says a lot. It definitely beat a number of teams with better talent, so not much more you can ask for there. They have a long way to go but they had a long way to go when he was hired.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
After Texas State I thought that team was a borderline FBS team. That they improved into conference play says a lot. It definitely beat a number of teams with better talent, so not much more you can ask for there. They have a long way to go but they had a long way to go when he was hired.

Defeating a number of teams with better talent is a bit of a stretch, but I'm going to be happy for one of the few good things that has happened to the program in the last 5 or so years. We'll see where it goes from there. The west is pretty weak sauce.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)

The beat writer for the Tribune wrote an article tonight strongly and harshly calling him out for his comments.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colle...0204-story.html