2015 Recruiting thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)
Well, they get good recruits all the time. Really just a matter of getting a pg. That I have little confidence in, though this kid's offer sheet isn't great either.

Michigan was going after Lucas real hard until they managed to get Simpson.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)
Huge sigh of relief for Illini nation, the drought is over!!!

Is he any good? Super low rankings on 247, but saw a tweet saying he's 4 star. Also, this mean no C. Moore for them?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
Is he any good? Super low rankings on 247, but saw a tweet saying he's 4 star. Also, this mean no C. Moore for them?

He's a 4 star on scout. Late riser who performed well on the AAU circuit this summer and was attracting a lot of interest.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)

I've never seen him but I love Charlie Moore's game and Illini should still go after him hard.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
Nothing official yet, but it looks like 4 star SF Xavier Sneed is announcing September 28th. Illinois is among the top choices and would be a good get.

Would be a good role player for us, hopefully he sees that as well. If he's looking to be a starter from the get go then he isn't coming to Illinois.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 02:28 PM)
Would be a good role player for us, hopefully he sees that as well. If he's looking to be a starter from the get go then he isn't coming to Illinois.

I don't think he's looking for what from what I have read about him. He really doesn't shoot the ball that well, but he is a good finisher below the rim, and is supposedly an elite defender.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 02:28 PM)

It appears that he was looking to start right away. Commits to K State.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 25, 2015 -> 11:43 PM)
They probably have a realistic shot at him, but anytime Illinois goes after a recruit another big school wants, they lose plain and simple.

This is so false, do you even follow recruiting?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 25, 2015 -> 11:43 PM)
They probably have a realistic shot at him, but anytime Illinois goes after a recruit another big school wants, they lose plain and simple.

Who? His offers are just Nebraska, Maryland, and Xavier from what I see. Shouldn't have too tough a time vs those guys.