2015 Recruiting thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
Zach Norvell to Gonzaga.

No clue why Illinois didn't try harder for him. He's better than DJ Williams.

Different skillset with Williams and Norvell, so that's kind of comparing apples to oranges. But Norvell is kind of redundant behind JCL and Aaron Jordan. Need a point guard (check), big (5th year transfer?) and a wing that defends and can play the 3/4. Already have a bunch of guys that project as scoring wings...

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just was at a game where Chicago Curie's basketball coach quit a game over 3 traveling calls in a quarter and a half of basketball.

Sitting on the second row the scores bench, here is what I saw and heard. Apparently their head coach was mad because they were calling the traveling much tighter than they were used too, even though he had only called 3 of them. Their head coach started throwing a temper tantrum, saying that he was "going to pull his team off of the floor, if they (the refs) didn't quit cheating". He came over and said it to Coach Boyd, he said it to our AD who tried to calm him down, and he said to the officials. Finally at the end of a time out that Curie called, he said the right thing while at the end of his bench by a ref who finally T'd him up. At that point he took his team and literally walked off of the floor to his locker room. The official let him get all of the way off of the floor, and around the corner before coming over to the scorers table, waving his arms off and calling the game. At that point the refs went to their locker room.

A couple of minutes later, Curie came back out to the floor, but the officials refused to come out saying the game was over.

In all of my years, I have never seen anything quite like it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
It was bad. Clown is a good way to describe it. Hopefully this gets him fired.

Every year I watch him throw temper tantrums. He's one of the reasons Cliff Alexander flopped. Never coached him to do anything but dunk.

If I was a player and he did this, is be pissed. Who were they playing?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
Every year I watch him throw temper tantrums. He's one of the reasons Cliff Alexander flopped. Never coached him to do anything but dunk.

If I was a player and he did this, is be pissed. Who were they playing?

My hometown HS, Michigan City HS (IN)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:33 PM)
My hometown HS, Michigan City HS (IN)

I take it that was an MLK tourney game? If not, Why is Curie going Indiana? And if it is, great representation by Curie. Sarcasm