2015 Recruiting thread

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
Illinois needs Lovett so bad.

This is the first I've watched him live. He's incredible. Get him committed and worry about grades later.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I'm all in on the Lovett bandwagon. Kid is good and it's not like you're pulling a scholly for him, if it doesn't work out then you're in no worse shape. I don't think we'd find an impact transfer anyways, and I'd probably want to grab a big man 5th year if that scholarship is still open.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
Groce was in Ohio watching Xavier Simpson (he's been to see him 3-4 times I think). I believe Parham was in to see Lovett.

You are correct.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
Groce was NOT here to see Lovett. Maybe tomorrow but who cares if he shows for a 3rd place game?

FWIW:

Michael O'Brien @michaelsobrien

LoVett broke out in a huge smile when I asked him about Parham watching. Obviously a good relationship there.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 12:38 PM)
Thomas Bryant to Indiana

Absolutely huge. I imagine this gives Yogi and Troy one more reason to stay. Though like I've been saying all along they're idiots if they go, most mocks have Troy in mid/late 2nd and Yogi late 2nd or undrafted. I think they end up staying for that reason, and Bryant is there cherry on top.

Someone's gonna get Creaned now, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Rapolous Ivanauskas commits to Northwestern. Lots of people high on him but everytime I've seen him, he turns the ball over and gets out of control and clumsy. See if he has a big senior year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)
Was as close to a Wisconsin lock as it gets. Surprised everyone.

Yep. His dad played for Wisconsin. I'd go somewhere and start immediately instead of going to Ohio State but good for him.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
Yep. His dad played for Wisconsin. I'd go somewhere and start immediately instead of going to Ohio State but good for him.

Pretty difficult for any freshman to start at LB in the Big Ten.