2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

Last 30 games:

Bryant: .191/.302/.400, 38 Ks

Soler: .241/.290/.371, 38 Ks

Russell: .196/.295/.250, 30 Ks

Russell is hitting worse than Sanchez over the last 30 games. Heck, even Rizzo has a .216/.373/.275 line over his past 15 games, and his OPS has fallen below last season's mark. Schwarber had another 2 hits in the first game today though. With the rest of their lineup catching White Sox-like symptoms, there's no way they send him back down after Montero comes back, right?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
Last 30 games:

Russell is hitting worse than Sanchez over the last 30 games. Heck, even Rizzo has a .216/.373/.275 line over his past 15 games, and his OPS has fallen below last season's mark. Schwarber had another 2 hits in the first game today though. With the rest of their lineup catching White Sox-like symptoms, there's no way they send him back down after Montero comes back, right?

Growing pains all over that lineup. Next year is going to be a real show me year for those guys.

Cubs luck strikes again....ball up the middle that probably would have scored two ricochets off the pitcher to Rizzo for a forceout at home, so the Reds had two opportunities with the bases loaded and couldn't score.

Chapman on now, 5-5 tie, top of the 9th.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
And the worst hitter on the Cubs roster delivers a 2 out RBI off Chapman. They have no business being in this game, and they are likely going to win

Kind of like how Alexei and Beckham got hits off Chapman earlier this year? Maybe s***ty hitters are his kryptonite.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
And the worst hitter on the Cubs roster delivers a 2 out RBI off Chapman. They have no business being in this game, and they are likely going to win

I'd take Teagarden over Flowers any day of the week. If anything, the name is more fun to say

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
I'd take Teagarden over Flowers any day of the week. If anything, the name is more fun to say

There's a florist joke in there somewhere.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 11:24 PM)
Really hope they don't get Price. Not a fan of him to start with, and if he goes to the Cubs...yuck

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/lev...ut-david-price/

For those of you who seem to hate the Cubs, it seems like a terrible situation, because Price makes the Cubs better this year, and the prospects they send offer (and can afford to overpay with) will help our own division rival in the years to come.

Worst nightmare for you Cubs haters.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
Bruce Levine thinks Edwards, McKinney, and Contreras will get it done for Price. Am i crazy or is that a gross underpay?

For two months of control I don't think that is that crazy. I'd certainly want more if I was Detroit but that doesn't strike me as a completely ridiculous offer.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 07:06 AM)
For two months of control I don't think that is that crazy. I'd certainly want more if I was Detroit but that doesn't strike me as a completely ridiculous offer.

That's more than the Rays got...although they obviously weren't expecting Smyly to get hurt so quickly.

The Cubs would be better off trading Almora, because McKinney's currently their best outfield prospect, unless you consider Schwarber a LFer.

McKinney was rated #30 on one of those prospect lists. Why would the Cubs give up him plus Edwards for a two-month rental on a guy they can just sign in the offseason anyway? Since the division seems out of reach, that seems like a lot to give up when your best shot at the playoffs is a one-game playoff.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
Last 30 games:

Wow. No wonder the Cub fans have been quiet lately.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
Ha! What a terrible offer.

Seriously. With Castro being bad two of the last three seasons that contract now looks pretty bad. Why would the Phillies want him? There had to be more to the offer, it sounds like an offer a fan on a message board would make.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
I'm going to assume today is the day that forces the Tigers to sell on Price. Hopefully the Dodgers get him.

Ian Thomas will be the Dodgers' 13th different starting pitcher this season. That's amazing they are still in first place.