2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
I'm watching the Bartman story on ESPN Films. Some Cubs fans are just the worst...

Saw that the same day as the highlight of the Cubs fan grabbing a ball from Adrian Gonzalez, which seemed to be massively celebrated.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
Got to imagine we will start hearing rumors soon about Cubs interested in trading for David Price

Got to imagine the price tag will gut their farm system. Dombrowski isn't stupid

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
Kyle Schwarber won the futures game MVP. Dude just won't stop hitting. Cubs gotta figure something out. This guy could get them to the playoffs.

Every time I hear his name, I just remind myself the Sox have Rodon and I feel better.

Cubs enter the All-Star break with a one game lead on the NY Mets for the 2nd WC. Of course they went 7-0 vs. them in the season, if the Mets could have just won one or two of those f***ing games.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 01:08 AM)
Kyle Schwarber won the futures game MVP. Dude just won't stop hitting. Cubs gotta figure something out. This guy could get them to the playoffs.

Saw an inning of him as catcher, and he made Tyler Flowers look like Johnny Bench.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
Schwarber getting called up because Chris Sale destroyed Miguel Montero's thumb

Interesting, I wonder where or how much they will play him. Even with Montero on the DL, Teagarden is still up so that would make 3 catchers. I know they need offense, but they love their defense and pitch framing from the catcher spot, so I can't imagine they give him the everyday catcher job immediately.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
Schwarber catching and batting 2nd. Nice little 2-3-4 they have with Schwarber, Rizzo and Bryant

I picked up Schwarber off waivers in my keeper league, and rejecting all the frantic trade offers from Cub fans in the league since yesterday has been literally my favorite part of this baseball season.

/nobodycares

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)
Giants starting to apply some pressure to the Cubs from below. Mets need another bat or two...in the same situation, almost, arrived on the scene a year early.

Pirates have a tough schedule in the 2nd half, and they just started off the half with a horrible sweep at Milwaukee. The Pirates need a few bats, as Pedro Alvarez, Mercer and Polanco are brutal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
Arrieta pitching like an ace since the middle of June. He's going to destroy these weak-hitting teams they face quite often during the 2nd half.

Watching a little today, he seems to be cut from the same mold as Hosmer and Moustakas.

And Schwarber looks fatter than retired farmer Joe Crede.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)
Of course, the White Sox will keep Danks until next August...just the other day, there was yet ather article about swapping the two, Jackson for Danks.

Guess that's off the table.

Now they can have both!

#nopleaseno