2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, this is good for the Cubs that they got swept. Nobody with a working brain thought they were really ready to win this year. This year is all about development for them. The last thing they need to do is to dip into their cache to chase a second wc.

Edited by Jordan4life

So J4L are you a Cub fan? You never post about the Sox, are the Cubs' biggest apologist and cheerleader around, and I'm convinced you'd rather the Cubs win it all than the Sox, if not just so you can rub it in our faces that you were "right". That's the impression I'm getting anyway.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
So J4L are you a Cub fan? You never post about the Sox, are the Cubs' biggest apologist and cheerleader around, and I'm convinced you'd rather the Cubs win it all than the Sox, if not just so you can rub it in our faces that you were "right". That's the impression I'm getting anyway.

Am I a Cubs fan? Like do I buy Cubs memorabilia and legitimately watch all their games hoping they win? No. Am I a huge fan/proponent of what they're trying to accomplish? U better believe it. I don't post about the Sox because they're old/tired/boring. I've never gotten over the second half collapse of 2006.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
If anything, this is good for the Cubs that they got swept. Nobody with a working brain thought they were really ready to win this year. This year is all about development for them. The last thing they need to do is to dip into their cache to chase a second wc.

That is true. All this talk about a 5th starter, what they really need is more offense, but the guys that need replacing are part of their "plan", so they can't just be kicked to the curb.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)

You only have to read back through this thread.

I really enjoy that Cubs fans have gone from "holy cow, this is fun! Should they trade for David Price or Cole Hamels for their World Series push?!" to "Guys, we knew these rookies were going to struggle, the playoffs are still a year away" in a matter of a week.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
I really enjoy that Cubs fans have gone from "holy cow, this is fun! Should they trade for David Price or Cole Hamels for their World Series push?!" to "Guys, we knew these rookies were going to struggle, the playoffs are still a year away" in a matter of a week.

They'll be back to talking about the playoffs in a heartbeat if they win a game or two.

Fanbases are always reactionary. If the Cubs do something like win 5 of their next 6 the World Series talk will come back.

We went from dead in the water to "should we be buyers?" in the matter of one series.