2015 Catch-All thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 06:14 PM)
Going to Vegas next month. Never been. I've got suits/clothes that I want to wear that don't fit me like they did a few years ago. I weigh about 190 at the moment. I want to get to 170 before I leave.

Don't even worry about the scale then. Just calculate how many calories you should be taking in and exercise regularly and you'll fit into your clothes better than dropping 20 lbs of what isn't going to amount to a bunch of body fat.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh I hate it. I have a f***ing rat or mice in my house. I am hoping it is a rogue one but have had evidence over the weekend and no luck on the traps I set. I can't sleep in peace. And when I say in my house, I'm not talking attic or walls but in it. Wife left garage open a crack and then our entry door as well and something came in when it was open.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
Ugh I hate it. I have a f***ing rat or mice in my house. I am hoping it is a rogue one but have had evidence over the weekend and no luck on the traps I set. I can't sleep in peace. And when I say in my house, I'm not talking attic or walls but in it. Wife left garage open a crack and then our entry door as well and something came in when it was open.

Get a cat...

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)

If it's a rat, you need to seal up your basement (if you have one) and all exterior cracks.

Then, get the poisoned peanuts.

They really help.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
If it's a rat, you need to seal up your basement (if you have one) and all exterior cracks.

Then, get the poisoned peanuts.

They really help.

Not putting out any poison (young kids), plus I don't want it to die somewhere. Thankfully we are concrete slab and no basement. Not aware of any exterior cracks (based upon my checking) and my attic looked clean. I really hope when I get home the sucker is dead. I can't sleep knowing I got at least one rodent on the lose in my house. Ah I f***ing hate it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 12:13 PM)

I got one rat (it was not a mouse). Not sure if that was the only one or not. Will need a few more days of no activity in my traps (no new messes) before I can claim myself a victor. Also set traps in the attic, where I noticed some rat poop although it could be really old.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
Not putting out any poison (young kids), plus I don't want it to die somewhere. Thankfully we are concrete slab and no basement. Not aware of any exterior cracks (based upon my checking) and my attic looked clean. I really hope when I get home the sucker is dead. I can't sleep knowing I got at least one rodent on the lose in my house. Ah I f***ing hate it.

I have mice eating poison and dying in the walls, it takes about a week or two for it to totally decompose and then the smell is gone. I have the type of poison that is impossible for kids to get to and its also way up high.

So let me tell y'all a story.

Yesterday my sister, who lives in bumf*** Wisconsin, basically forced me to bring my kid to her home to meet her 5 week old. My child (7 months old) hadn't met her daughter, and OH MY GOD IT'S A HUGE PROBLEM. Not wanting to have my kid in the car for 4 hours (there and back), I asked her to meet at my parents so I was only driving for 2 hours. She's 30 minutes from their house, but declined despite the fact that she happily drove her kid to some friend's house the day before. My wife's in DC for work, so there's that little tidbit, too. I'm a highly functioning father, so nbd.

Ok, that's the annoying lead-in.

Yesterday, I get to their house and the first thing I notice is that I smell pot. I call my pothead brother-in-law out on this and thank them for making me drive 2 hours so my kid could get a contact high. My parents were there and hadn't realized it (no idea how, pot smells like pot). I took the kid outside and fed her and had to stay, because she'd just been in the car seat forever. That said, hello, I should have just left. Of course, I alert my wife to all of this, and she goes HAM texting my brother-in-law, who keeps denying pot use.

Finally, I leave about an hour and a half after arriving and get a frantic call from my sister saying she smoked pot because she didn't want to take her Xanax that morning (lol wtf) - and here's the kicker... she's breastfeeding!

Suddenly, I'm in a text conversation with my brother-in-law who's basically demanding an apology, because I accused him of smoking pot before my kid arrived to their house. I told him to get his house in order and next time I ask why it smells like pot, someone should be honest. He doubles down on wanting an apology (what planet am I on?) so I tell him to go f*** himself. To this he responds that I am a typical, suburban, uninformed douche and to share any medical journal regarding marijuana and newborns/infants (again, what planet am I on?). Unsurprisingly, there's a ton of studies on the effects of THC on babies and how it can stay in their system for 2-3 weeks from one contact!

Anyway, I already hated my sister, and now I have an excuse to not bother to see her at all. ;) Obviously she needs some sort of help, but I'm not going to be the one to give it to her. She has a system filled will enabling idiots who think she's the greatest person on the planet, so I'll let one of them figure it out.

/weekend

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:05 AM)

Yesterday my sister, who lives in bumf*** Wisconsin, basically forced me to bring my kid to her home to meet her 5 week old. My child (7 months old) hadn't met her daughter, and OH MY GOD IT'S A HUGE PROBLEM. Not wanting to have my kid in the car for 4 hours (there and back), I asked her to meet at my parents so I was only driving for 2 hours. She's 30 minutes from their house, but declined despite the fact that she happily drove her kid to some friend's house the day before. My wife's in DC for work, so there's that little tidbit, too. I'm a highly functioning father, so nbd.

Ok, that's the annoying lead-in.

Yesterday, I get to their house and the first thing I notice is that I smell pot. I call my pothead brother-in-law out on this and thank them for making me drive 2 hours so my kid could get a contact high. My parents were there and hadn't realized it (no idea how, pot smells like pot). I took the kid outside and fed her and had to stay, because she'd just been in the car seat forever. That said, hello, I should have just left. Of course, I alert my wife to all of this, and she goes HAM texting my brother-in-law, who keeps denying pot use.

Finally, I leave about an hour and a half after arriving and get a frantic call from my sister saying she smoked pot because she didn't want to take her Xanax that morning (lol wtf) - and here's the kicker... she's breastfeeding!

Suddenly, I'm in a text conversation with my brother-in-law who's basically demanding an apology, because I accused him of smoking pot before my kid arrived to their house. I told him to get his house in order and next time I ask why it smells like pot, someone should be honest. He doubles down on wanting an apology (what planet am I on?) so I tell him to go f*** himself. To this he responds that I am a typical, suburban, uninformed douche and to share any medical journal regarding marijuana and newborns/infants (again, what planet am I on?). Unsurprisingly, there's a ton of studies on the effects of THC on babies and how it can stay in their system for 2-3 weeks from one contact!

Anyway, I already hated my sister, and now I have an excuse to not bother to see her at all. ;) Obviously she needs some sort of help, but I'm not going to be the one to give it to her. She has a system filled will enabling idiots who think she's the greatest person on the planet, so I'll let one of them figure it out.

/weekend

How/why were your parents cool with that? And specifically cool with your sister smoking with a newborn?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
How/why were your parents cool with that? And specifically cool with your sister smoking with a newborn?

No one is cool with it; they were just oblivious. My sister is constantly babied because she is an emotional trainwreck. The whole situation just went completely bizarre yesterday.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
No one is cool with it; they were just oblivious. My sister is constantly babied because she is an emotional trainwreck. The whole situation just went completely bizarre yesterday.

Gotcha. Different standard for a sibling. I can relate to that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:05 AM)

/weekend

Don't you hate being the normal one?

BTW he was covering for his wife, which is an interesting thought,

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 08:07 PM)
I'm only half way through writing my thesis, I have about 50 more pages to get done in the next two weeks and tequilla really ficking helps the writing process. Just saying

Except for when you read it the next day and you realize you titled it "f*** ethics I am from Texas".

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/tesla-downloads...-034758750.html

While I love the idea of self driving cars, this seems like a not so tested idea. Drivers need to be prepared, etc. How many are going to know that? How many are going to hit the button, close their eyes, and end up on a road without markers and bam. Maybe I'm just thinking of the worse but would think their would have been extensive testing done and government approvals, etc. Maybe their was (I'm sure Tesla wants to protect itself from suits by doing plenty of due-diligence) but the quote about the drivers being the "testers" scares the hell out of me.