2015 Catch-All thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
Whelp, the wife and I are expecting baby boy #2 in June. The house is about to get more crazy.

Congratulations!

Second kid definitely changes things. You are going from a double-team to a man defense. Lord help you if you go over two and have to move to a zone.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 07:50 AM)
Congratulations!

Second kid definitely changes things. You are going from a double-team to a man defense. Lord help you if you go over two and have to move to a zone.

Kid #2 can't even roll over yet and it's already such a game changer. Never realized how easy it actually was to just have one kid.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
Thanks guys! I'm a little nervous. From everyone I know with multiple children, I keep getting the same response: "congrats and get ready. you haven't experienced anything yet!"

Oh f***. I fully expect to have another on the way soon and this scares me to no end.

Good Lord would I love to get rid of one of my cats. He used to be awesome, and now he's decided to piss and s*** on the shag rug and scream all night.

I never understood why people always got rid of their animals when they had babies. Now I do.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Good Lord would I love to get rid of one of my cats. He used to be awesome, and now he's decided to piss and s*** on the shag rug and scream all night.

I never understood why people always got rid of their animals when they had babies. Now I do.

you think it is all attention based? That seems to be quite a radical change, maybe something more is bothering him(physically)

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
Yeah one of our cats was doing that for a couple of weeks, turned out to be a bladder infection and she's been great since we got that cleared up.

I was going to say it could be kidney, urinary, or behavioral related. I had a cat doing that who was going into renal failure.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
Yeah one of our cats was doing that for a couple of weeks, turned out to be a bladder infection and she's been great since we got that cleared up.

My other cat used to get chronic UT infections and we switched his food - so I know the signs of that.

I had to remove the shag rug. The cat no longer pisses or s***s anywhere but the box. The drinkign water out of the toilet is concerning. Hoping he doesn't have feline diabetes or something. We'll see.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 11:12 AM)
My other cat used to get chronic UT infections and we switched his food - so I know the signs of that.

I had to remove the shag rug. The cat no longer pisses or s***s anywhere but the box. The drinkign water out of the toilet is concerning. Hoping he doesn't have feline diabetes or something. We'll see.

1 of my cats got her hind leg caught in a pull string for a blind, we found her when we got home from work so we had no idea how long she had been like that. We took her to the vet right away. The vet thought she would eventually recover but might have some nerve damage and some trouble getting around. She slowly got better but started to get real skinny and urinate a lot. We took her back in and she had diabetes. We started insulin shots 2x daily and she continued to get better and put her weight back on. This happened in 2011 and each year we'd lowered her dose (per the Vet/glucose curve results), now I give her 1 small shot a day and she's doing great! She is on her way to 17 years old. Twice a year she goes to the vet for an entire day and they run a glucose curve on her. Only bad part is the price of the Insulin, close to $400 but a bottle lasts a year for us, especially since her dosage is so low now. Don't think of it as a death sentence if the cat has diabetes, some can do just fine with it.