2015 Catch-All thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 30, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
25 year old kid who grew up on my street was shot and killed in a mugging gone wrong in Lakeview after drinking at Wrigleyville bars. I will not go to those bars. If you are young and drunk in those areas (Wrigleyville, Lakeview, Boystown) around close you are nothing more than a target. I am at work with one of the kid's best friends and he doesn't even know yet. I don't have the heart to tell him. http://www.cwbchicago.com/2015/05/neighbor...ot-dead-on.html

Sorry to hear that rabbit.

I always hear about the robberies/muggings that go on around there, makes me feel lucky I never got caught up when I used to stumble around those hoods in the wee hours years ago.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 30, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
25 year old kid who grew up on my street was shot and killed in a mugging gone wrong in Lakeview after drinking at Wrigleyville bars. I will not go to those bars. If you are young and drunk in those areas (Wrigleyville, Lakeview, Boystown) around close you are nothing more than a target. I am at work with one of the kid's best friends and he doesn't even know yet. I don't have the heart to tell him.

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2015/05/neighbor...ot-dead-on.html

I was just with him at Vaughns last weekend. I assume that's where he was last night. Wow f***.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 07:59 AM)
I've never taken an Amtrak, and from everything I've heard, I don't want to.

Taking one back to Chicago right now and we haven't moved in 40 minutes.

Planned out this trip a few months ago and this seemed like a good idea cause we went to Jimmy Buffett yesterday and we were going to be drinking all night so driving seemed like a bad move. Regretting this now. On the plus side I'm going to the whole Sox-Tigers series this weekend and miss Sale and Rodon. Sigh.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 07:54 AM)
I forgot just how f***in much I hate Amtrak.

I used to take it to/from Champaign, it was always very entertaining hanging out in the smoking car.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 09:59 AM)
Beats Greyhound.

In college I had to take Greyhound from Champaign to Des Moines round trip. So awful.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
Amtrak is very convenient for traveling along the DC/Baltimore/Philly/NY/Boston corridor. Everywhere else it's pretty much worthless.

I'll add that I used it to commute to Milwaukee for about a year and it was generally fine. Way way way better than sitting in traffic.

Edited by shysocks

Ok, so I'm happy that millions of people will be downtown to celebrate the Blackhawk's win, but for f*** sakes kids, learn how to act in public. (1) Don't walk down a sidewalk 5 abreast, (2) don't just stop walking when 100 people are behind you trying to get to work, (3) 16-24 year old dudes, jesus stop being douchebags (impossible, and I know I was one of them), (4) young girls put some clothes on!

/end 33 year old old man rant.

• 2 weeks later...

Question to those who track mileage on their tax returns. Does the mileage include the trip to and from work as well?

To keep track I should be able to just attach my route sheet (it has all the locations I hit) to a mapquest print out that includes how many miles right?

Some may remember I posted about working as a sub contractor and my employer doesn't take taxes out. I asked the boss if I'm gonna have to pay taxes and he said not if I track my miles and write those off.

Every once in a while I get emails from people trying the African money transfer scam, and every once in a while I respond and f*** with them as much as possible.

Today is that day

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
Question to those who track mileage on their tax returns. Does the mileage include the trip to and from work as well?

To keep track I should be able to just attach my route sheet (it has all the locations I hit) to a mapquest print out that includes how many miles right?

Some may remember I posted about working as a sub contractor and my employer doesn't take taxes out. I asked the boss if I'm gonna have to pay taxes and he said not if I track my miles and write those off.

Ask Aaron Schock for more details

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)
Every once in a while I get emails from people trying the African money transfer scam, and every once in a while I respond and f*** with them as much as possible.

Today is that day

You and Walter Football! ;)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
You and Walter Football! ;)

I cant help myself. This guy wants to send me 15 million dollars that my great aunt Zinaida McMahon left for me!!!

Also, he informed me that I am the last surviving heir, which is sad and disappointing. I will now have to inform my brother that he is dead.