2015 Catch-All thread

witesoxfan

This breakdown of the Ashley Madison data dump is freaking awesome. Basically that site was more of a sausage fest then a mlb fan baseball message board. Spoiler, out of the 5.5 million registered accounts to women, roughly 12,000 of them show any level of actual activity, compared to something like 20 million on the guys side.

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-wome...base-1725558944

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
This breakdown of the Ashley Madison data dump is freaking awesome. Basically that site was more of a sausage fest then a mlb fan baseball message board. Spoiler, out of the 5.5 million registered accounts to women, roughly 12,000 of them show any level of actual activity, compared to something like 20 million on the guys side.

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-wome...base-1725558944

Lolz awesome.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
When you guys first got your driver's license, did you buy a car/did your parents get you one? Or neither

I got my license in 2003 and my parents bought me a 1988 Oldsmobile Delta 88. The entire passenger side was dented in from a previous accident. The back passenger door made a grinding noise every time it was opened due to the metal grinding together. Man I loved that car.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
I got my license in 2003 and my parents bought me a 1988 Oldsmobile Delta 88. The entire passenger side was dented in from a previous accident. The back passenger door made a grinding noise every time it was opened due to the metal grinding together. Man I loved that car.

I forgot to mention it was a $500 car at the time.

I've gained some weight since the kid came - about 15 lbs. Nothing huge. But I've noticed something new that sucks - heartbearn.

Like, I can't breathe or function, kill me now heartburn.

It happened for the third time last night. I've been using Nexium but doesn't seem to help. Seems to be happening once a month. The last two times were on evenings after I had an evening workout (and didn't eat anything after 6pm) - when I went to bed it just rushed on me with no stopping - Tums do nothing.

Last night's came with a bad bout of back spasms. Awesome.

Anyone got any tips other than lose the weight?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
You need to get that s*** checked out asap if Nexium isn't working. You may have a hiatal hernia(sp?)

Yup. I had the same problem and had to get checked out. You probably won't have the big problem I did but they'll do an endoscopy and figure it out easily.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
I've gained some weight since the kid came - about 15 lbs. Nothing huge. But I've noticed something new that sucks - heartbearn.

It happened for the third time last night. I've been using Nexium but doesn't seem to help. Seems to be happening once a month. The last two times were on evenings after I had an evening workout (and didn't eat anything after 6pm) - when I went to bed it just rushed on me with no stopping - Tums do nothing.

The basic cause of heartburn is a lower esophageal sphincter, or LES, that doesn't tighten as it should. Two excesses often contribute to this problem: too much food in the stomach (overeating) or too much pressure on the stomach (frequently from obesity, pregnancy, or constipation). Certain foods commonly relax the LES, including tomatoes, citrus fruits, garlic, onions, chocolate, coffee, alcohol, caffeinated products, and peppermint. Meals high in fats and oils (animal or vegetable) often lead to heartburn, as do certain medications. Stress and lack of sleep can increase acid production and can cause heartburn. And smoking, which relaxes the LES and stimulates stomach acid, is a major contributor.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)

You ever wake up in the middle of the night suddenly from a dead sleep like you have to puke and it's just reflux? That f***ing blows. See a doctor, Steve.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
Didn't get to that part. Spent all day trying to get oil filter off. Went all over getting different tools. Not meant to be. Biggest waste of time on a nice day.

Shouldn't need more than a old rag to get it off, those tools are for filters that have been on for quite a while. I found its best to drain the oil first before I take off the filter, the suction isn't bad and the filter usually comes off easy.

Sometimes the angle is a b**** though

So I have a chance at a job that is almost too good to be true. They contacted me through career builder and is a company that is only 3 years old. They are based in NY and its work from home through their online portal.

The description is something I can do but when I research the company, there is almost nothing outside of their official company site, which is bare bones.

Any advice?

So I have a chance at a job that is almost too good to be true. They contacted me through career builder and is a company that is only 3 years old. They are based in NY and its work from home through their online portal.

The description is something I can do but when I research the company, there is almost nothing outside of their official company site, which is bare bones.

Any advice?

Nothing on glassdoor?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
glassdoor.com is a place where employees and former employees provide reviews and sometimes salary info about their employers. You should definitely look up the company there.

They don't show up but have only been around for 3 years.