2015 Catch-All thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
If they don't have a listing on glassdoor, and they don't have a page on LinkedIn, then I'd be suspicious.

As well as getting contacted by them out of the blue.

Extremely suspicious.

Party poopers.

I emailed the guy back with a bunch of questions.

They have some legit clients. www.platinum7llc.com is their site.

They do have a LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/platinum7

I would try to contact some of their clients and ask about their relationship with this company.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
They do have a LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/platinum7

I would try to contact some of their clients and ask about their relationship with this company.

That also states they were founded in 2007...not good that they can't get that date straight.

The linked in page is not the same company. Their was a company in Denver called Platinum7 which was dissolved a few years back (based upon my quick internet search). No harm having an interview and finding out who works their, see who those people are, do some linked in snooping, etc.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 12:42 AM)
Is being able to change your oil a big money saver?

Usually you save anywhere from 5-10 bucks. If you go into any auto store like Napa or Advance, they have a deal where you can get a Oil + filter deal for 20-25 bucks. Most jiffy-lube type places charge you 30-35 bucks for oil and filter. Air filters usually cost you an extra 15-20 bucks in the shop too, where they cost 10-15 bucks in the store

It just depends if you want to do it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 05:29 AM)
Usually you save anywhere from 5-10 bucks. If you go into any auto store like Napa or Advance, they have a deal where you can get a Oil + filter deal for 20-25 bucks. Most jiffy-lube type places charge you 30-35 bucks for oil and filter. Air filters usually cost you an extra 15-20 bucks in the shop too, where they cost 10-15 bucks in the store

Yeah...I have no interest in doing it :)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 07:29 AM)

For conventional oil it's a few bucks. When I had my GTO that took 6+ quarts of full synthetic, it was the difference between $40 to do it myself or $80-90 for a oil shop. Of course, I still have about three gallons of old oil in the corner of my garage from at least 2 years ago.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 08:23 AM)
For conventional oil it's a few bucks. When I had my GTO that took 6+ quarts of full synthetic, it was the difference between $40 to do it myself or $80-90 for a oil shop. Of course, I still have about three gallons of old oil in the corner of my garage from at least 2 years ago.

very true, i am not putting premium oil into my car so it is less for me for sure. My stepdad works for UPS and they take his used oil and recycle it, so I have that going for me fortunately.