2015 Catch-All thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wave3.com/story/28822995/apartm...-jeffersonville

One person jumped from her apartment to escape the flames, suffering minor injuries.

The person referenced is the article was a classmate of my wife's and is now a co-worker. I don't know the media's definition of minor, but she's in the ER (at the hospital where she works) with a very badly broken ankle and two fractures in her back. Her apartment was a total loss, including both of her cats.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
http://www.wave3.com/story/28822995/apartm...-jeffersonville

The person referenced is the article was a classmate of my wife's and is now a co-worker. I don't know the media's definition of minor, but she's in the ER (at the hospital where she works) with a very badly broken ankle and two fractures in her back. Her apartment was a total loss, including both of her cats.

I always took "minor" to mean non-life threatening. Best of luck to her on the recovery process.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
Jesus Christ.

My university double-booked the room for my final exam in a class of 330 students with a graduation event featuring the chancellor that is expecting 700+ people.

You lose, unfortunately.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Major earthquake in Nepal, casualty toll likely to close in on or pass 10,000.

My buddy has been there for weeks, climbing near Everest. Luckily for him he had already left Kathmandu a few days ago and it's minor near him now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just graduated from college. Going back next semester to do graduate school, but still, lots of emotions. Got to make fun of my professor for crying (before many hugs were given).

I'd say I'm scared of the real world, but now I'm just on my way to getting a master's.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 17, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
Congrats Daniel!!

I am using graduate school to avoid growing up too. Just keep swimming.

I was ready to move on into the real world, but the journalism school is starting a documentary sequence next year and it piqued my interest too highly.

Been pretty busy over the past couple weeks, but my wife and I welcomed our first child on 5-5-15. Hayden Michael Sterlachini. He came in at 7lbs 20" One more Sox fan in the family.