2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
I cant make up my mind whether or not I loved that movie or hated it. I loved a lot of elements to the movie like the musical score that made you feel uncomfortable. It had a classic feel with not showing a ton of blood and guts but still being horror. Plus it wasnt full blown demonic like all the other crappy movies out now.

But then there were some points in the movie where I am thinking about the actual story and the writing and I am like THIS MOVIE IS SO f***ING STUPID. And hearing other people after this was the main theme of how they felt. People hated it.

I can see people not liking this movie. It's slow and has a minimalist feel to it. Story is kinda out there.

I just loved the feel of the movie. The score does a great job of building tension. I also loved the wide angle shots. Those reminded me of Halloween.

I also love that you have no idea what year of time period this takes place. It kinda feels like it was the 80's, but you are never sure.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Furious 7 is already at $90 million after Saturday midnight showings, Sunday and Monday here in CHINA.

Pretty impressive considering it lacked the Thursday-Sunday traditional opening weekend here...and that Monday wasn't a holiday...regular work day, and almost $30 million booked anyway.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 07:09 AM)
Furious 7 is already at $90 million after Saturday midnight showings, Sunday and Monday here in CHINA.

Pretty impressive considering it lacked the Thursday-Sunday traditional opening weekend here...and that Monday wasn't a holiday...regular work day, and almost $30 million booked anyway.

it a nice movie. that was the first one since tokyo drift.

nice tribute to p walker at the end. the lady i was with was tearing up.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 01:17 AM)
it a nice movie. that was the first one since tokyo drift.

nice tribute to p walker at the end. the lady i was with was tearing up.

First one that you've seen since then, or you're talking about the new "chronological" ordering of the films to explain Han's death at Statham's hands (smashing into his car wouldn't fit the character in Furious 7 at all, btw)?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
First one that you've seen since then, or you're talking about the new "chronological" ordering of the films to explain Han's death at Statham's hands (smashing into his car wouldn't fit the character in Furious 7 at all, btw)?

first fast and furious movie since drift. i saw FF7, to see how they were going to do deal with P Walker and his death. i really like it, so i am seeing the rest backward. i saw FF6 last nite on youtube. it was nice and funny. i am going to hit 1 movie that i will not like. that is when i will stop watching the rest.

btw, each movie, imo is a stand alone movie. none of them, i think, stop and the fans has to wait for the next movie to finish the movie.

after watching FF6, i need to figure how Han comes into the group.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 05:05 AM)

I'm going to predict this is going to be a slight misfire...ala Green Lantern or Green Hornet

Green Lantern and Hornets were more than slight misfires. I dont think Ant-Man is going to be as good as the rest of the Phase 2 movies, but I dont think it will be so bad that it will need to be rebooted or shelved.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 07:04 AM)
Green Lantern and Hornets were more than slight misfires. I dont think Ant-Man is going to be as good as the rest of the Phase 2 movies, but I dont think it will be so bad that it will need to be rebooted or shelved.

It scares me that it had so many production problems and squabbles but that new trailer looks kinda cool.

I don't know, maybe just too used to Paul Rudd in romantic comedies and playing Mr. Sarcasm that it doesn't seem like quite the right fit.

Sometimes things just don't click, like Andrew Garfield and Spider-Man, even though I think he did a good job personally.

Of course, when you go back to the Tobey Maguire selection, there was naturally a lot of skepticism whether moviegoers would buy him as a superhero.

Trying to think of some other big comic flops....Catwoman (H.Berry), Elektra, Dare Devil, The Punisher (although I really enjoyed it, not unlike Dredd).

Barb Wire, Tank Girl, Supergirl, The Spirit (Frank Miller), Judge Dredd, The Shadow.

Sucker Punch was roundly criticized, but I thought it was enjoyable/interesting to watch at least.

Edited by caulfield12

Saw The Imitation Game. Benedict Cumberbatch did very well in the movie, but it was a limited story and discussed his private life more than the assumed premise of the film (code-breaking machine creation.)

3 out of 5 stars - a decent watch

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
It scares me that it had so many production problems and squabbles but that new trailer looks kinda cool.

I havent seen the new trailer yet but the first one reeeeeeeaallly had me worried. I love Paul Rudd in comedies but I cant see him as a superhero. I have my fingers crossed because I want to like this movie.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 06:22 PM)
Everyone's always trying to bash these Marvel movies before they come out, probably so they can say they called it. Then the movie is great and everyone asks why they doubted it.

That is true. There was a lot of changes in Ant-Man though, and that worries me. But it is hard to doubt what Marvel has done so far

Jesus, Star War nerds are out in full effect today. My Twitter is chalked full of it. Why is there so much excitement for franchise that (1) hasn't been good for decades and (2) was always a bit overrated and has been passed, numerous times, by other, better franchises/stories?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 01:28 PM)
Jesus, Star War nerds are out in full effect today. My Twitter is chalked full of it. Why is there so much excitement for franchise that (1) hasn't been good for decades and (2) was always a bit overrated and has been passed, numerous times, by other, better franchises/stories?

overrated!

Passed by other franchises!

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerfherder!"

We got any indie horror film fans in here???

I've been working on this project for a few weeks now and it's coming together quite nicely.

I'm the fat clown you see at the 15 second mark (fatty the clown). Not a fan of my "costume", but that's about my only gripe so far.

It's gonna be a highly saturated color film like Hobo with a Shotgun and movies like that.

Director described it as having kind of an oldschool type of vibe.

Hoping to get it out there in July.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
http://chicagoist.com/2015/04/17/leaked_ba..._dawn_of_ju.php

Batman vs Superman trailer leaked

Hopefully it's as awesome as it looks.

Still not interested at all and I'm not sure there is really much that can change that. Zack Snyder sucks balls. Watchmen sucked, Sucker Punch sucked, Man of Steel sucked. I won't watch this unless people absolutely rave about it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)
Still not interested at all and I'm not sure there is really much that can change that. Zack Snyder sucks balls. Watchmen sucked, Sucker Punch sucked, Man of Steel sucked. I won't watch this unless people absolutely rave about it.

Ditto. The whole look of his films and CGI are just brutal to me.