2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watched two movies over the last 3 days.

American Hustle - Good retelling of the Abscam story, decent side stories. Enjoyed Christian Bale's character issues the most. He nailed that part - gained all of that weight, etc. I'd say 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Wolf of Wall Street - Leonardo DiCaprio deserved an Oscar for this movie. Amazing acting and the inside life of a stock broker is certainly entertaining. 4 out of 5 stars.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
To put it into itunes in order to play over AppleTv

I'm guessing you downloaded an MKV?

I personally use Plex and I just throw whatever format I want on there. MKV, MP4, AVI, it plays everything. Only downside is you need a server for it.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)
I wouldn't go that far. Remember Aquaman is a DC character and DC is owned by Warner Brothers, who is known to be the most filmmaker friendly studio in Hollywood, they gave Jeff Nichols final cut on Midnight Special, his first studio film. This isn't Disney/Marvel where you have to follow a strict formula, and aren't allowed any freedom to express yourself, which is Edgar Wright left Ant-Man and Ava DuVernay passed on Black Panther. And whether its an original film or a blockbuster, there is going to be limitations.

Good points, I agree. I guess what I was really trying to get at was that I'd rather see writer/directors come up with their own original material, rather than putting their own spin on stories and characters that are already well established. I'm sure Nichols/Wright would have made great versions of Aquaman/Antman, but I'm way more interested in seeing what unique stories and characters they can cook up from scratch.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
I'm guessing you downloaded an MKV?

I personally use Plex and I just throw whatever format I want on there. MKV, MP4, AVI, it plays everything. Only downside is you need a server for it.

Yeah, this one was an MKV. I use smartconverted to convert and send to itunes

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)
I wouldn't go that far. Remember Aquaman is a DC character and DC is owned by Warner Brothers, who is known to be the most filmmaker friendly studio in Hollywood, they gave Jeff Nichols final cut on Midnight Special, his first studio film. This isn't Disney/Marvel where you have to follow a strict formula, and aren't allowed any freedom to express yourself, which is Edgar Wright left Ant-Man and Ava DuVernay passed on Black Panther. And whether its an original film or a blockbuster, there is going to be limitations.

Oh sure, its so different with Zack Snyder choosing all of the characters for all of the rest of the directors and establishing the mythos and story all by himself.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)
Oh sure, its so different with Zack Snyder choosing all of the characters for all of the rest of the directors and establishing the mythos and story all by himself.

Would probably help DC to follow Marvel a bit in how they're doing things.

I love comedies that make me laugh. I went to see Spy and I agree with Roeper who gave it a B. I love reading reviews after I see movies. They give away too much stuff in previews and reviews so I try not to watch 'em beforehand. Like at the movie they showed the preview of an upcoming movie with Streep. I swear I know the exact movie and I know how it ends from watching a damn 2 minute preview. Why do they do that?

It was a little too long that's why it gets a B instead of A. But some funny one liners and the movie was worth the 8 bucks it costs in Kansas.

Get this. Movies here, today 8 bucks to get in. I bought a regular bottle of aquafina and a small popcorn for 11.50 lol. Prices are hilarious but I don't go to a lot of movies and I might as well support the industry. I'd hate if movies went away. The one chick in Spy is pretty hot. She's 35 and hot. She was in Bridesmaids. Incredible body.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)
What the hell is that?

And that movie was good not great. Lots of action and I was entertained. Glad I got the HD version

It's an app that lets you stream files from tablet to chromecast. Supports most file types.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
@mccrabb_will : Chris Nolan has finished the development phase of his next movie, an original project.

https://twitter.com/mccrabb_will/status/619...0735739904?s=09

I don't really see Nolan doing anything but original projects going forward. I think Batman was his lone foray into someone else's work

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 06:19 PM)
I don't really see Nolan doing anything but original projects going forward. I think Batman was his lone foray into someone else's work

Supposedly the script stems from a dream that he had add a teenager