2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 23, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
for the best actor category, i guess that was the right winner. i never saw the movie, so i can't based it on anything. did the actor deserved the oscar?

i thought keaton or carrell would have won it.

http://www.everything2.com/title/Winning+O...th+disabilities

Technically, Keaton and Carrell also had disabilities (in their roles), especially DuPont. Unfortunately, being a billionaire in America (at least family wealth) allows one to be termed eccentric, ala Howard Hughes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 02:47 AM)
http://www.everything2.com/title/Winning+O...th+disabilities

Technically, Keaton and Carrell also had disabilities (in their roles), especially DuPont. Unfortunately, being a billionaire in America (at least family wealth) allows one to be termed eccentric, ala Howard Hughes.

dang it, i was reading something, i wish i save the blasted site, i was too busy though.

did you see, read anything of a possible homosexual fixation in the DuPont story???

what i read stated that may have been an underline problem. remember i did not see the movie so i do not know anything.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 23, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
did you see, read anything of a possible homosexual fixation in the DuPont story???

what i read stated that may have been an underline problem. remember i did not see the movie so i do not know anything.

The movie was very awkward and had some scenes that hinted at it. Carrell was on Stern when the movie was first released and even said something to the effect that there were rumors of his sexuality and some scenes were done to give that unsure feeling about it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 05:48 AM)
The movie was very awkward and had some scenes that hinted at it. Carrell was on Stern when the movie was first released and even said something to the effect that there were rumors of his sexuality and some scenes were done to give that unsure feeling about it.

http://articles.philly.com/1996-02-13/news...tcher-dan-chaid

Seems that unless they open up that agreement with Metzger, the full truth will never be known.

Right now, it's still conjecture and hearsay with no evidence or proof backing it up.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 08:12 AM)
Watched CITIZENFOUR last night. Pretty good, lots of context. Snowden has a God complex, but in general I come down on the Patriot side of te "traitor or patriot?" debate.

Of course we didn't have access to all those hours in Hong Kong.

Naturally, he would be a little paranoid. He wasn't very pleasant with some of the people calling on the phone, especially the hotel staff. Maybe some of the "getting behind the story" stuff seemed to be too self-serving, as he knew eventually he was going to be outed at some point and become THE story (Kill the Messenger, which is a much better movie with Jeremy Renner, ironically).

The way he treated his g/f, considering they were in an almost decades-long relationship, seemed pretty insensitive.

We're left thinking about him being mainly concerned with how he looked on tv, whether his goatee was shaved or clipped to give him the right look....one of the scenes that stuck out was when he started getting attention and then all of a sudden he's slicking his hair back like he's Gordon Gekko in Wall Street.

If any of us were in that position, it's hard to say what we would do. He already had the past examples of Assange, Daniel Manning, etc. So surely he could anticipate becoming a household name and celebrity for 15 minutes at least. Whether he's actually "living the dream" and what he's doing in Moscow currently is a different question altogether.

It would have been interesting had the director interviewed his parents, girlfriend and some of his classmates back from his university days...that would have provided a clearer picture of the person.

At any rate, compared to documentaries in the past, this was one of the weakest Oscar winners.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 23, 2015 -> 08:50 AM)
That guy is uber creepy. He practically raped Scarlett on the red carpet.

Yeah it's because he still needs to come off as "straight" and his agents probably suggest he does those things. For being so full of liberals, Hollywood is waaaay behind the times when it comes to being openly gay.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 12:27 AM)
Yeah it's because he still needs to come off as "straight" and his agents probably suggest he does those things. For being so full of liberals, Hollywood is waaaay behind the times when it comes to being openly gay.

What's Scientology's take on gays? Because I don't think Hollywood cares anymore.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 07:27 AM)

i hate to say this, b/c being gay or not should not matter. but hollywood imo still think that the viewers who goes to movies will not buy the gay person playing a romantic role. some also probably thinks some fans will be lost if they knew if they are gay or not.

hollywood is still basing their opinions on perceptions of the fans.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
Finally saw Interstellar and it blew my s*** away. Loved it.

it was a very good movie... but the ending. it was like they realize it was a long movie and have it come to an end.

i love the idea of the story line of continue growth of the children as he leaves. damn, that was a hard choice. some of matthew mcconaughey best acting.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)
it was a very good movie... but the ending. it was like they realize it was a long movie and have it come to an end.

i love the idea of the story line of continue growth of the children as he leaves. damn, that was a hard choice. some of matthew mcconaughey best acting.

I loved the ending, and it's all completely realistic in a world where our theories about space and time are actually true. If you're outside of time and space, you can access any time and any where at any moment.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 11:47 PM)
I loved the ending, and it's all completely realistic in a world where our theories about space and time are actually true. If you're outside of time and space, you can access any time and any where at any moment.

i understand the concept but going into a closet type and start sending msg back in time....

well let me say, there is no bases of well this can happen or not. fvvck i am an old fart and me ben franklin had a hell of time drinking and chasing skirts. my problem i didn't know what to do when i caught 1. i was too young.

:lol:

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 05:52 PM)
i understand the concept but going into a closet type and start sending msg back in time....

well let me say, there is no bases of well this can happen or not. fvvck i am an old fart and me ben franklin had a hell of time drinking and chasing skirts. my problem i didn't know what to do when i caught 1. i was too young.

:lol:

:huh

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 4, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
After watching this, my response to Caulfields above post is WHO CARES ABOUT THE SPORTS MOVIE GENRE DISNEY IS WRECKING s*** EVERYWHERE ELSE

Chinese box office beat U.S. (On a monthly basis) for the first time ever in February.

That said, Transformers 4 set the all-time record for China and it would be bloody bad taste on the part of filmgoers here to not make Ultron/Spader the new #1.

Edited by caulfield12