Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/rev...m-roth-20150604

FIFA has absolutely lost their minds with this "United Passions" movie coming out now. Talk about bad timing.

Going to see Jurassic World tmrw (Wed) here in China...debuts two days earlier for some odd reason. Usually we are at least a week behind...or at least 2-3 days whenever a blockbuster movie debuts.

Jurassic World.

3/4 stars.

Definitely worth watching, better than the 2 sequels. (Saw in 3D but not IMAX).

Annoyingly predictable, but that's why we enjoy mindless summer popcorn movies like this one or San Andreas.

Chris Pratt is quickly becoming the "go to" guy in Hollywood, the special effects are much better than 20 years ago (some accuse them of being too frantic, the director is most famous for Safety Not Guaranteed and tries to bring more of a human element that hearkens back with numerous references to the original movies.

Motorcycle, Chris Pratt, sprinting dinosaurs: If you require more than that out of a movie, you're being unreasonable. Richard Roeper

One of the best parts of this movie is the John Williams score...just hearing that music again, and reminiscing about the first Jurassic Park movie and the sense of wonderment about the universe created in that film was pretty darned cool to revisit.

Edited by caulfield12

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-...rong-185m-start

Jurassic World was originally projected to do $110-140 million.

Revised all the way up to $180-220 million and breaking tons of records. Might be the third highest opening of all-time.

Congrats to Chris Pratt...who's also reported to be the leading candidate to reprise the beloved role of Dr. Indiana Jones.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
I saw Entourage last night and I thought it was great. Storyline was whatever but it was funny and entertaining. My girlfriend who has never seen the show was very entertained.

I saw it at a preview screening in April and it got a huge applause

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
Jurassic World was fantastic easily the second best movie of the summer.

Number 1 is EX MACHINA

Doubt I'll see a better movie this year then Ex Machina. Don't consider it a summer movie though. Came out in April.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-...rong-185m-start

Jurassic World was originally projected to do $110-140 million.

Revised all the way up to $180-220 million and breaking tons of records. Might be the third highest opening of all-time.

Congrats to Chris Pratt...who's also reported to be the leading candidate to reprise the beloved role of Dr. Indiana Jones.

i saw the movie, it was really good, Pratt does make the difference. very much online with JP #1.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
Yep, thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the inclusion of the new dinos

If I was to nit pick, I'd say I wish there was more animatronics. Seemed like every Dino was CG outside of the bronto that was dying as they consoled it. But didn't retract.

It would be nice if they had a kick ass "dino trainer" like Emily Blunt (just an example) and the man was the conservative, profit-driven corporate hack instead...

Of course, that would be like expecting to see, instead of Selena Gomez wearing a Lolita-esque outfit with a skirt slit all the way up her leg while posing with Sandler and Kevin James (in sweatpants, to boot)...Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren instead. Would even settle for Diane Lane.

Ah, Hollywood.

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inside_out_2015/

Who are the two idiots out of 135 who gave this movie a low rating?

Has anyone ever heard of Ben Sachs from Chicago Reader?

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/insid...nt?oid=18038469

June 18, 2015

For all its clever touches, the personified emotions plot still feels like a story the school psychologist would've used to teach kids about their feelings. It feels simultaneously infantilized and aimed over kids' heads.

Full Review | Original Score: C+

Vincent Mancini from FILM DRUNK

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Jurassic World was awesome. Everything I was looking for.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
Yep, thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the inclusion of the new dinos

I really enjoyed it. They are some nice call backs to the original without it feeling too forced.

What amazed me was that compared to the original, the dinos didn't look any more real than the original. That isn't a slight to this movie, but an amazing compliment to the original. JP NAILED the CG and practical effects so well that 20 years later, they cant do much better.

Edited by HuskyCaucasian

I also appreciated the explanation in the movie that some of the dinos would look a lot different if he didn't genetically modify them. That covers why the Raptors are so big (even though they discovered some close to that size when the original was made) and why that one dinosaur has a weird neck thing and spits venom like substance.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:43 AM)
I also appreciated the explanation in the movie that some of the dinos would look a lot different if he didn't genetically modify them. That covers why the Raptors are so big (even though they discovered some close to that size when the original was made) and why that one dinosaur has a weird neck thing and spits venom like substance.

I think that reference was dropped in to explain away the modern theory that many dinos had feathers. This has been "proven" since the original movie.

There was some early criticism when the producers announce the dinos wouldn't have feathers. Obviously, they wanted continuity with the original movie, so they explained that away.

Edited by HuskyCaucasian