2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
I know this is a film and not a book discussion, but the film version of The Martian is coming out soon and I picked up the book last night and cannot put it down. HIGHLY recommend it, just a fast, fun, exciting read from page 1.

Best trailer I've seen in years. Can't wait. I'm intrigued to read it as well.

John Wick - 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Premise was thin, action was no better than any other lone killer film. Enjoyed the

killer-hotel secrecy

scenes but they weren't in-depth enough to keep me interested. The Equalizer was a better film.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
John Wick - 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Premise was thin, action was no better than any other lone killer film. Enjoyed the

killer-hotel secrecy

scenes but they weren't in-depth enough to keep me interested. The Equalizer was a better film.

the equalizer was a very good movie, i agree.

another thing i wish for is a good mystery movie.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
Trying to decide what movie to go see tonight out of these three:

Dope, Ted 2, and Max

many people down here, including my sister is talking how good the movie max is and the dog as great.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
I want to see it but not sure if we want to cry tonight. I have a soft spot for dogs

yeah i too have a soft spot for dogs. my sister said the only part is sad is the beginning at the funeral of the brother. otherwise well i can't vouch, b/c i am undecided on going to see it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 05:03 PM)
I can't see dog movies in a theatre. I'd be too embarrassed if I got choked up. If I saw Marley and Me in the theatre, I would have been really embarrassed.

That is kind of how I am as well lol. My theater does $5 movies on Tuesdays so I might wait and see it on a Tuesday and hope hardly anybody is there

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
That is kind of how I am as well lol. My theater does $5 movies on Tuesdays so I might wait and see it on a Tuesday and hope hardly anybody is there

Glad I never saw the one with Richard Gere and Joan Allen in the theatres....the Japanese story based on HACHIKO, the Akita.

That was 100X worse than Marley & Me, because I'd already read the book/s and knew Marley's ending.

TED 2 was as expected, it had its funny moments and cruel humour, but it is just came off as a bit disjointed (literally, with all the marijuana bongs, and figuratively).

I guess the first point is there's just no way to replace Mila Kunis, even though Amanda "Gollum" Seyfried does her game best.

Macfarlane is really pushing the line with what a white writer can get away with...I'm sure a lot of African-Americans would have been offended by some of the jokes, although that's par for the course and almost expected with him.

The story is more about TED and Tammy-Lynn, it's almost like they wanted to sneak another Mark Wahlberg film into the market but he wasn't really 100% free to play the main character, so they built the story around Ted's baby/adoption and then constitutional rights later on. Morgan Freeman's appearance near the end is almost jarring, where the movie takes on an AMISTAD feel (briefly) that's a bit misplaced or just doesn't quite feel appropriate (linking slavery/Dred Scott with a toy's "rights") in the light of recent events around the U.S.

The heart of the first movie was the attempt for John to hold onto his relationships with both Ted and Mila Kunis. That dynamic is completely missing from this one.

(Note: I'm happy I recently sold my Hasbro stock...inside joke).

Edited by caulfield12

Finally watched the first Hunger Games film.

My wife and I are trading off movies. She watched all of the Harry Potter films with me and I'm watching the Hunger Games films with her.

Maybe I'm just jaded by modern TV and film, but the movie seemed like a giant TV episode. There wasn't anything special about it and there really weren't any moments that made me awed or impressed.

Can anyone explain why this franchise is so great? Does it get better in the other films?