2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
Now You See Me - 3 out of 5.

Cool premise, decent rental, but it felt low budget.

The "surprise" came out of nowhere and felt like sloppy screenwriting.

Also, the ending was mediocre and vague.

100% correct. i really was disappointed with the ending. i was is this it??? could've

done a lot more with it. i also thought that the screenwriters ran out of ideas on

how to end it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 02:20 AM)
Away from Her, Iris and Amour are all much better "Alzheimer's movies."

If it weren't for the performance of Moore, this one would easily fit on the Lifetime or Oprah Network, especially due to the presence/s of Kimberly Stewart, Alec Baldwin and Kate Bosworth.

I put it in the okay/decent movie category, with a superior acting performance embedded within in, like Big Eyes (although honestly I don't quite understand the canonization of Amy Adams). It's also not a movie I would be happy paying $10-15 to see in a theatre, or a date movie, either.

The Gambler 3.25/5

Unbroken 3.75/5

Predestination 3.50/5 (either this movie is totally transcendent or it's terrible and impossible to follow, I'm still not sure after one viewing but I'm leaning towards the incomprehensible argument, it almost feels like they started backwards from the ending and tried to fill in the rest of the plot...)

Has anyone else seen John Wick? Awesome movie, better than Snowpiercer of the "underdog/indie" movies made with smaller production and marketing budgets. And superior to its cousins, The Equalizer and Taken 3.

Another movie to consider if you do like Predestination is an even smaller budget film, Coherence, which is a lot of fun.

nice butt, nice body, nice to look at and she can act. ;)

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:05 AM)
Now You See Me - 3 out of 5.

Cool premise, decent rental, but it felt low budget.

The "surprise" came out of nowhere and felt like sloppy screenwriting.

Also, the ending was mediocre and vague.

I would give that movie a 1 out of 5.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 01:28 PM)
Latino Review reporting that Spiderman will appear in Avengers 3: The Infinity War

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/14/rum...nity-war-part-1

warning, lots of potential unconfirmed spoilers. So Brian needs to read it so he can complain

Bring back Tobey Maguire to play Spidey!

Latino Review seems like a group competing with the Chippendale's.

Now You See Me wasn't THAT bad. I can see someone giving it a 2-3 out of 5, but 1? It was so long ago when I watched it in the theatres, but I remember at least being entertained and generally enjoying it. I also think it's a "big" movie that plays better on the large screen than at home.

ONE should be for specially reserved for Atlas Shrugged sequels, Saving Christmas (Kirk Cameron), Transformers 5 or 90% of the movies that Adam Sandler puts out, like Blended and That's My Boy.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
Really campy, the ending was like a child would write.

thanks for your answer.

i think alot of the problem was in the ending. i just wish, it would left it as

an unknown answer. pretty much like the usual suspects with more finesse.

Now You See Me could have been better, but they played it off like the only authorities that existed were Mark Ruffalo and the Interpol girl. I laughed when they pulled off all these heists in plain sight and were nationally wanted criminals but yet they could set up elaborate stage performances. Oh hey, and they were able to deposit millions of dollars in people's accounts no big deal

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 12:19 AM)
Now You See Me could have been better, but they played it off like the only authorities that existed were Mark Ruffalo and the Interpol girl. I laughed when they pulled off all these heists in plain sight and were nationally wanted criminals but yet they could set up elaborate stage performances. Oh hey, and they were able to deposit millions of dollars in people's accounts no big deal

with the way you put it, yeah it is a very simplistic movie, but most are.

for me, movies are entertainment and a way to loose one self for a couple of

hours. maybe it is I who is very simplistic in this area.

i still hated the ending.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)

Think of it as the 99% vs. the 1%, or the cinematic version of Occupy Wall Street. All those NYC banks were able to bet against their own customers' accounts in plain sight and absolutely nothing happened to any of them, they were even bailed out with a few exceptions and have finally returned to their previous lifestyles after going into hiding for five years. Nobody was charged, not even the CEO of Countrywide, Mozilo. Credit default swaps and derivatives were essentially their elaborate stage performances.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
Liked Selma like pretty much everyone. Some characters were portrayed differently than I expected and kept from being a cookie cutter telling of events.

It's interesting they didn't have a caption about Rev. Ralph Abernathy at the end of the movie.

Diane Nash and Bevel are an interesting story, in and of themselves.

Roth as George Wallace seemed a bit off, as did Wilkinson as LBJ...it was also hard for me to concentrate on Rev. Hosea Williams when that actor's always been in comedies, but that's a minor quibble.

BTW, the actor who played Malcolm X was the spitting image of him, although his part was very brief. And the idea that Coretta Scott King might have been personally enamored with him was news to me. Maybe that part just made for a better movie and has no historical basis in fact.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 01:45 AM)
It's interesting they didn't have a caption about Rev. Ralph Abernathy at the end of the movie.

Diane Nash and Bevel are an interesting story, in and of themselves.

Roth as George Wallace seemed a bit off, as did Wilkinson as LBJ...it was also hard for me to concentrate on Rev. Hosea Williams when that actor's always been in comedies, but that's a minor quibble.

BTW, the actor who played Malcolm X was the spitting image of him, although his part was very brief. And the idea that Coretta Scott King might have been personally enamored with him was news to me. Maybe that part just made for a better movie and has no historical basis in fact.

i am surprise as well.... i would imagine the african american community is not raising hell.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 08:16 AM)
http://entertainment.time.com/2013/12/18/b...t-performances/

Brad Pitt's ten best performances...some might add Legends of the Fall and Burn After Reading, along with the supporting turn in 12 Years a Slave (which I felt was too distracting at that point in the movie, like Matt Damon in Interstellar)

well some have a different definition for Pitt's acting, in legends of the fall, might

be the only one, but barely. however my most entertaining movie of his is snatch.

in this one, he just rely on his acting skill which has improved alot.

thanks for your input.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 06:08 AM)
I love David Fincher, but Benjamin Button was such garbage to me. I can't even explain how because I have successfully erased most of it from my mind.

I think it's because it got so much hype like it was a surefire Academy Award winner and most who ENDURED it felt that it was too gimmicky and that the main point of enjoyment was Taraji Henson...plus, that whole criss-crossing ages romance thing just turned out to be weird instead of heartbreaking.