2015 TV Thread

LDF

QUOTE (MEANS @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 06:02 AM)
so TWD was pretty shocking last night, didn't see that one coming, lots of speculation around the internets today if really true or not...

Yeah, I was stunned as well. This season has started off fantastic in my mind. Last two episodes were chop full of action and in this case shock. That was a top 3 character for me.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 08:30 AM)
If it turns out to not be true (and based on a lot of internet chatter, it seems like it is not true),

I don't think they'll use the dream sequence excuse. I think they'll show that it was Nicholas being torn apart, and Glenn was somehow able to slide under the dumpster or something.

That is the one theory I have in my mind.

sidenote...curious to see what happens with Rick. Did he actually get bit on his hand or did he put a knife through himself? My wife was talking to me during that scene so I wasn't exactly sure what happened. Also, a problably more realistic scenario would have Glenn return as a walker...clearly his face hadn't yet been torn apart. Personally I hope he's alive, but I know he's probably going to die soon

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)

sidenote...curious to see what happens with Rick. Did he actually get bit on his hand or did he put a knife through himself? My wife was talking to me during that scene so I wasn't exactly sure what happened. Also, a problably more realistic scenario would have Glenn return as a walker...clearly his face hadn't yet been torn apart. Personally I hope he's alive, but I know he's probably going to die soon

Regarding Rick:

I think he sliced his hand on the machete that was stuck in the one zombie. Not a bite, but they definitely played the wound up like it's a problem.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
Regarding Rick:

I think he sliced his hand on the machete that was stuck in the one zombie. Not a bite, but they definitely played the wound up like it's a problem.

That is what I had thought and I figured if he had gotten bitten, he'd be the type who'd just chop the thing off. What I can't figure out, is that outside of the RV starting, how he could survive (no one is coming to save him...unless it is a new character). I suppose he could just hang out on the roof of the RV but I'd imagine the walkers would push him over. Similar for Glenn...not sure who saves him, but I guess Enith or whatever her name is could be in the area and she is one of the few Alexandrian's who is capable of helping. That said, I never figured out why they didn't just jump in the dumpster to begin with. Then again, here I go debating facts in a zombie show. Either way, it entertains me and I can't wait till the next episode (which is not how I always felt last season but they got me rehooked this season).

The freshness from the fear the walking dead might have also helped get me ready and amped for the main show (which was a smart and I'm sure profitable move on A&E's part).

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)

I believe Glenn is dead and Maggie is pregnant. Although I do not see how Glenn being alive with Nicholas on top of him is the show jumping the shark.

Oh...Im' not saying the show has jumped the shark at all. I think I said I'm enjoying this season more then last season and how it has been total must watch TV in my eyes. This season has been awesome...I'd say the best first 3 episodes of any season thus far.

Later this week I got 2 homelands to catch up on. Pumped up given what DA said. I only pretty much am down to Homeland and Walking Dead as my regular shows (although Grimm comes back). Really scaled back after having kids. Will work good since Bulls season starts tuesday anyway and I only watch about an hour of TV a night (once kids are a sleep and house is clean and we are ready for following day).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
Oh...Im' not saying the show has jumped the shark at all. I think I said I'm enjoying this season more then last season and how it has been total must watch TV in my eyes. This season has been awesome...I'd say the best first 3 episodes of any season thus far.

I did not mean anyone on this site it wa the internet folks that believe there is grander purpose to everything than simple kick ass entertainment which is what TWD has been this season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)

btw, Rick handling those people trying to steal the RV was crazy. You dont mess with Grimes

That was awesome.

He wasted no time dispatching the ones that were sneaking up the side of the RV.

FWIW:

I don't really watch the Talking Dead but I know usually after a cast memeber dies..they are on the show. Glen didn't show up on the show last night nor was he mentioned in their memoraiam segment. I was thinking that the other guys blood and guts spill onto glen effectively 'masking' him from the zomibes like it did back in season 1. Take that for what it's worth

Also:

They showed the one fence at the end of the alley having zombies on the other side but it looks like the one side had nothing but trees.....i would like to think that they could have went that way.....

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
I think it's just sort of cheap, to get everyone worked up, then come back with some miraculous recovery on how he survived, because he is a central character, or as they are calling it, his character is "plot safe".

I do agree the action has certainly picked up this season and been entertaining.

but if they go with the theory that the other guys guts and blood 'masked' Glen...i wouldn't consider that cheap....i would consider it a nice callout to their own established canon.....IMO

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)

but if they go with the theory that the other guys guts and blood 'masked' Glen...i wouldn't consider that cheap....i would consider it a nice callout to their own established canon.....IMO

Despite giving up on this show 2 episodes ago, my wife called me into the room last night to watch the scene you guys are discussing. I think it's a really poor choice by the writers because they've either killed the only decent character on the show, or they've made it pretty clear there's a "will never die" list of characters, which cuts out a lot of the tension going forward.

As to your point, my wife, in screaming about how dumb that scene was (and how unbelievable it would be if he can escape), made a good point: if they could just smother themselves with zombie goo and be undetectable, why didn't the whole group do that to escape the horde? They could have done that long before any of them separated. Or, at worst, Glen and that guy could have done that in the alley or even on top of the dumpster.

Or, why not have Michonne pull a Michonne and chop off some arms and mouths and lead walkers around and be undetectable that way?

Or, you know, why even deal with the horde? Why not just light them all on fire in the pit?

Or, you know, even better, why not take those 500 cars they used to make a narrow lane and place them up and down that pit ramp, keeping the zombies down in the pit forever.

#walkingdeadgripes

#i'moverit

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
Homeland's best episode maybe ever. That's saying something.

What a fantastic episode. Quinn is the best character the show.

Now that Justified is off the air, I'll have to find a new candidate for "best character on television" to replace Boyd Crowder. Quinn is up there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 07:04 PM)
Wait, Jenks just so happened to walk into the room in time to see the exact scene that we are all talking about.

And he trashes it? Let me find my surprised face, it is around here somewhere

Nope. Wife still watches and called me into the room after it aired.

Edit: although I do admit to trashing it :P

Edited by Jenksismybitch

I don't believe

Glenn

is dead on Walking Dead.

Comic spoiler, be warned:

He dies in the comics, and timeline wise, his death was soon to come anyways. However, his death is probably the most iconic death of the whole comic series so far. It's hard for me to believe that the writers would take that scene away unless they were planning on substituting him in that scene for another beloved character. Daryl perhaps? Maggie's pregnancy also is one of the driving reasons for her to remain at the Hilltop, a site we have not encountered yet. I just think it's too early to be introducing another baby into the community based on where they are currently at. If Glenn really is dead and Maggie is pregnant, I think the producers would have really dropped the ball on that timeline and we will have potentially be losing one of the most iconic scenes/moments in the entire series.

flashbacks are what some are speculating on those photos, yes I know Jesus hasn't been on the show yet but those pics can just be a few characters on set on the same day...we'll just have to see what happens

QUOTE (MEANS @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)

flashbacks are what some are speculating on those photos, yes I know Jesus hasn't been on the show yet but those pics can just be a few characters on set on the same day...we'll just have to see what happens

We'll all find in a week. Or two if they keeping alternating focus on the two groups like they have been so far...

just got back from a H Party.... i saw one of the funniest thing on tv there. one couple was showing Britain's Got Talent.... just got to give this a shot.

hope it hasn't been posted already.

fast forward to 2:00

enjoy.