2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 16, 2015 -> 08:10 PM)
I really feel like TWD is entering LOST territory. Good stuff from time to time, but WAY TOO MUCH filler. Just episodes that aren't needed.

The whole show is filler, there is no real end game to it. I am not certain what the bigger picture could ever be for the series other than what is going on. It's a show about zombies and people trying to stay alive in a lawless society.

I think this is the best season thus far. Each episode is pretty good.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 07:42 AM)
The whole show is filler, there is no real end game to it. I am not certain what the bigger picture could ever be for the series other than what is going on. It's a show about zombies and people trying to stay alive in a lawless society.

I think this is the best season thus far. Each episode is pretty good.

I agree with you. I also think the Daryl episode is going to set-up a lot. Curious to see who this other group is and what they represent (this is coming from a non-comic book reader).

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 16, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
Didn't know AMC picked Halt and Catch Fire up. I really liked season 2, never watched season 1.

Nice, I didn't hear that. Really good show.

If you get a chance go back and watch season 1. I thought it was better than the 2nd season.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)
Anyone else watch The Last Kingdom? Pretty interesting historical drama that I'm just getting into, definitely worth checking out.

BBC does some good stuff and I like this genre of stuff. Will have to watch.

So Nice Pizzalatto has signed a huge deal with HBO, that includes some other shows (I think one of them is a bull riding drama) and a potential third season of True Detective.

But because of the larger workload, HBO has given him three options on True Detective's third season.

1) Hire another showrunner.

2) Hire a staff of writers.

3) Continue to do everything on his own.

A lot of people are saying that this is because of the lukewarm reception of Season 2, but remember this is HBO/WB and they're extremely artist friendly and all of the showrunners at HBO have complete creative control. Plus the second season was still a ratings monster.

I really hope that he continues to do everything himself on True Detective, because if he's not the sole voice, it's not True Detective. The same way that David Simon, David Milch and David Chase were the sole voices of The Wire, Deadwood and The Sorpranos.

What do you guys want to see from True Detective's third season?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 11:31 AM)
Kurt Sutter pulls a "You can't break up with me, because I'm breaking up with you!" cocks*** move and cancels Bastard Executioner before FX made any decision on it.

Guess I'm not going to be watching any of his future projects.

I wanted to like the show but it sucked and I stopped 3-4 episodes in. Maybe I'm just too stupid but the story was too stupid for me. Tried to play to some smarter / weird...I don't really know what the hell they were doing with it.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
This is my favorite season of Homeland so far.

Two shows starting in January I'm looking forward to: Billions and Vinyl.

I agree with you on homeland. Really been good. Probably because Carrie has been bearable and likeable. Crazy Carrie was normally a detriment to the show in my eyes. I feel like now, where she is the primary but far less the primary, makes for a much better show.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 07:42 PM)
I agree with you on homeland. Really been good. Probably because Carrie has been bearable and likeable. Crazy Carrie was normally a detriment to the show in my eyes. I feel like now, where she is the primary but far less the primary, makes for a much better show.

Agreed, bringing others to the forefront is key. And there can never be too much Quinn.

Read a couple recaps that think there is a long con going on between Carrie, Saul and Dar Adal in order to nail Allison, including Saul's "defection."

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 05:51 PM)
Agreed, bringing others to the forefront is key. And there can never be too much Quinn.

Read a couple recaps that think there is a long con going on between Carrie, Saul and Dar Adal in order to nail Allison, including Saul's "defection."

Damn...that is brilliant. I wish I didn't read that cause it could so be true and would have been even cooler had it just happened but now I'm going to be looking for that (vs. getting shocked). Why didn't I think of that. Makes total sense. And yes, Quinn is such a badass.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)

Can you post the link to this?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
So Nice Pizzalatto has signed a huge deal with HBO, that includes some other shows (I think one of them is a bull riding drama) and a potential third season of True Detective.

But because of the larger workload, HBO has given him three options on True Detective's third season.

1) Hire another showrunner.

2) Hire a staff of writers.

3) Continue to do everything on his own.

A lot of people are saying that this is because of the lukewarm reception of Season 2, but remember this is HBO/WB and they're extremely artist friendly and all of the showrunners at HBO have complete creative control. Plus the second season was still a ratings monster.

I really hope that he continues to do everything himself on True Detective, because if he's not the sole voice, it's not True Detective. The same way that David Simon, David Milch and David Chase were the sole voices of The Wire, Deadwood and The Sorpranos.

What do you guys want to see from True Detective's third season?

8 hours of dark mopey dialogue asking why the world left them behind.

Watched the first three espisodes of Jessica Jones this morning......off to a decent start. Family going out of town tomorrow so i guess I will be power watching the rest then wondering why it's taking so long to get to season 2. LOL

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
Just watched the first ep of JJ. It was...awkward? Have to keep watching to see what the hell is going on. I know nothing of her comic.

I don't either and I want to keep it that way for now. Not knowing what was going on really revved up for a shocker.

I didn't get into Daredevil and bailed after 4 or 5 episodes. I was skeptical about this one, but watched it after someone gushed about the first episode. Now I want to gush as well. I hope it doesn't fizzle out.