2015 TV Thread

LDF

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
I stopped watching Homeland after season 2, is it worth picking up again? I didn't tune into season 3 because I heard bad things.

You could just watch Season 5 and get by. There would be a few things that you might not get, but the series at this point has moved on in plots enough you could start up here. It's been a very worthwhile season IMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
I stopped watching Homeland after season 2, is it worth picking up again? I didn't tune into season 3 because I heard bad things.

I have enjoyed most all of homeland's seasons, first season was unbelievably awesome but this season has been the best overall. Mainly because they got rid of the stuff that drove my nuts (by and large)...which ie., was manic carrie.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 02:54 PM)

Season 3 was pretty bad. Season 1 was awesome and I thought 4 was went well. Season 5 is absolutely great!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
Totally agree. I love the mindf*** they used for the plot twist in the season finale. Great writing.

I just started watching it. It's really trippy and it might not be a simple enough show for people to follow what's going on.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
Hell I don't even know what is going on and I still watch lol

I feel like it's a lot like Lost - you can dive in as deep as you want. There are all sorts of literary/biblical/religious references in pretty much everything they showed. You can go that route and try to craft reasons for why Kevin does certain things, or why Jarden worked like it did, or you could just enjoy the ride. I kind of do a mix of both. I watch the show and enjoy it on a lighter level and then my wife and I will listen to a podcast while on a road trip to do the deep dive.

AMC is developing a series based on Joe Hill's NOS4A2. Joe Hill, as some may know, is Stephen King's son. His writing is similar to King's, but he has his own voice. I thoroughly enjoyed NOS4A2 and knowing it's going to AMC gives me hope. Less of a chance of an Under the Dome disaster.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 06:29 AM)
AMC is developing a series based on Joe Hill's NOS4A2. Joe Hill, as some may know, is Stephen King's son. His writing is similar to King's, but he has his own voice. I thoroughly enjoyed NOS4A2 and knowing it's going to AMC gives me hope. Less of a chance of an Under the Dome disaster.

I remember reading this book and thinking that I just did not like the main character. Interesting story though with lots of references to SK's books.

So The League is apparently ending soon. I didn't realize they decided to stop making episodes. I've watched every episode for some strange reason, but it's been borderline unwatcheable for several seasons now. It still has a few moments here and there, but overall it's pretty awful. Taco especially.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:55 PM)
So The League is apparently ending soon. I didn't realize they decided to stop making episodes. I've watched every episode for some strange reason, but it's been borderline unwatcheable for several seasons now. It still has a few moments here and there, but overall it's pretty awful. Taco especially.

Actually I think Taco has remained pretty consistent, but otherwise agree. It's time for it to end. Outside of two good episodes in October, this season has been a dumpster fire. How anyone thought the episode where animated Rafi and Dirty Randy go to Puerto Rico was a good idea is beyond me.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
Actually I think Taco has remained pretty consistent, but otherwise agree. It's time for it to end. Outside of two good episodes in October, this season has been a dumpster fire. How anyone thought the episode where animated Rafi and Dirty Randy go to Puerto Rico was a good idea is beyond me.

Has anyone though? Everyone I know who watched it thought it was horrible.

Yeah, bad season overall. The DraftKings s***...oh my god, how much did they pay for a SEASON LONG advertisement that had a recurring plot in the show? That was so distracting.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 02:11 AM)
Has anyone though? Everyone I know who watched it thought it was horrible.

Yeah, bad season overall. The DraftKings s***...oh my god, how much did they pay for a SEASON LONG advertisement that had a recurring plot in the show? That was so distracting.

Yeah, this whole season has basically been a DraftKings commercial. There was literally a DraftKings commercial IN AN EPISODE.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 06:27 AM)
I never watched The League because I thought it was great and never expected Shakespeare. It created some phrases I use in real life.

That said, that finale was awful, much like a lot of the last few years.

Honestly I thought the finale was ok, which means it was better than most of the season.

Larry David as Old Ruxin was hilarious, though.

Edited by farmteam