2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 01:41 AM)
Just watched the Mr. Robot premiere. Wow that was a really good premiere, really excited for the 2nd episode

Maybe the best show of the year for me. Only 2 eps but I'm loving it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)
This season of True Detective just isn't working for me. I have found each episode incredibly boring. If the season wasn't only 8 episodes and if TV options weren't so limited during the summer I would be dropping it.

It's making me feel a little APOPLECTIC.

Deutschland 83 on Sundance has been pretty good:

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
This season of True Detective just isn't working for me. I have found each episode incredibly boring. If the season wasn't only 8 episodes and if TV options weren't so limited during the summer I would be dropping it.

If I didn't like the first season of True Detective, I would have stopped watching this season probably 30 minutes into the first episode. It seems like a challenge to watch this right now. I feel the opposite with The Last Ship, which is so much more enjoyable.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
If I didn't like the first season of True Detective, I would have stopped watching this season probably 30 minutes into the first episode. It seems like a challenge to watch this right now. I feel the opposite with The Last Ship, which is so much more enjoyable.

I actually enjoy it so far, its unwinding a decent plot at the moment. Season one was slow as s*** to start as well.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
I want to punch him every time he's on screen.

I wanted the Rock to punch him in the face in the scene where he pushed him down.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
If I didn't like the first season of True Detective, I would have stopped watching this season probably 30 minutes into the first episode. It seems like a challenge to watch this right now.

Agree 100%.

I did give Brink a shot though, and I love it. There have not been very many laughs so far, but I find it really interesting and I like all the characters. I've gotten myself caught up.

Could John be the goofiest on BB? He sounds like he's drunk every time he opens his mouth. "I can't control the pitch or volume of my voice!!!"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)

Did you see the phone twist? They think Davonne gets to nullify 3 votes meaning Meg may go home

Yes.

Flash backed and watched Jason tell Meg and Jeff.mhes funny in the feeds but annoying on TV.

Thickems!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)
Not sure the best place for this, but in NYC for a few days on business and checked out the Comedy Cellar tonight. Aziz was in the audience but didn't preform, and we got a surprise set by John Mulaney, who wrote the Steffon character on SNL along with a ton of others. Was a great show, and was like 12 bucks.

That's pretty awesome.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)
Not sure the best place for this, but in NYC for a few days on business and checked out the Comedy Cellar tonight. Aziz was in the audience but didn't preform, and we got a surprise set by John Mulaney, who wrote the Steffon character on SNL along with a ton of others. Was a great show, and was like 12 bucks.

Mulaney has a stand-up special on Netflix that's really good.