2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
Roku streaming stick on amazon today for just $30 if anyone is interested.

Amazon having a big sale later this week (supposed to be bigger than Black Friday) http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=1...sl_3xdcy11onk_e

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
Gave up on True Detective tonight. Maybe the most disappointing show I can remember.

I'll finish out the last 4 eps since I came this far. Hard to believe it's the same person who did S1. :(

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
7 Days in Hell was absurd, stupid and hilarious, everything I expected from it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 10:55 PM)
Did anyone catch 7 Days in Hell on HBO?

Absolutely hilarious.

;)

Great episode of True Detective. I like how Paul's sexuality isn't his defining character trait and that he isn't a stereotypical gay* character, he's three dimensional like the other three leads. I love how bad ass Ani is too, it's a shame that her story is going to end with this season. This is tube same show that people accused of being misogynistic and old fashioned in its views on masculinity, but it's two most compelling characters are a gay* and female cop.

And that shootout was incredible, I was instantly reminded of Heat, but the best part of the shootout was the ending. I loved the juxtaposition between the three cops after the shootout, Ray is struggling to cope with what just happened and Ani is having a nervous breakdown, while Paul stands tall and casually puts his gun away acting like nothing happened. You know now that whatever he did in the desert was some heavy s***.

Paul had a pretty big journey this episode, at the beginning he's pretty helpless but during the shootout he was completely in his element.

A lot of people have been saying negative things about Vince Vaughn's performance, I think he's killing it. Yeah some of his dialouge sounds clunky and unnatural but it's supposed to sound that way. Frank came from humble beginnings and now he finds himself amongst the elite and no matter how hard he tries to be legitimate, he's always going to be a thug at heart. And in order to be taken seriously by his peers, he's probably spent countless hours in front of dictionaries (something my grandfather had us do) trying to learn big words so he can fit in, yet it still feels unnatural because h he's always going to be that gangster.

Great episode.

I haven't watched last night's True Detective yet, but I'm enjoying the season so far. It's quite different than the first season, but I still like the story so far.

Season premiere of Ray Donovan was pretty damn good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 11:18 PM)
Gave up on True Detective tonight. Maybe the most disappointing show I can remember.

I actually thought it was good. I was very disappointed in the show going in to last night but last night finally felt like it was going somewhere.

Mr. Robot was trippy as hell. I think I'm even more confused as to what the hell is actually going on. That said, that's what makes the show so great.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
Mr. Robot was trippy as hell. I think I'm even more confused as to what the hell is actually going on. That said, that's what makes the show so great.

They had me at the jive-talking beta fish.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
I actually thought it was good. I was very disappointed in the show going in to last night but last night finally felt like it was going somewhere.

I think at time the dialogue is trying way too hard but I dig the plot at the moment. Its entertaining.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
I needed a new show to watch during my commute home so I went with Ray Donovan. Anyone else watch? 2 episodes in it seems like a solid show.

Love it, probably my favorite show on Sunday nights right now.