2015 TV Thread

LDF

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll resurrect this thread. I watched the first hour (I'm old and I have to get up at 5:00) of the 2-hour pilot of The Bastard Executioner. I like it so far. They are introducing a lot of characters, and it's a bit confusing as to who is who. Hopefully that will smooth out as it goes. From what I've seen so far, the show is extremely violent, and they don't shy away from much

The kid's throat being slit shocked the s*** out of me.

On a side note, I started watching Mr. Robot on demand. I've only seen the first episode, but I'm sold.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
Steve Rannazzisi (dude on The League) lied about being in a Twin Tower building on 9/11. Can somebody explain how this is offensive, other than you shouldn't lie?

People love to be offended.

It doesn't bother me but it's pretty stupid to lie about something like that. I can see why people would change their tune in him.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
Steve Rannazzisi (dude on The League) lied about being in a Twin Tower building on 9/11. Can somebody explain how this is offensive, other than you shouldn't lie?

People love to be offended.

Yeah, unless you were involved or personally affected by 9/11, I don't see why anyone would care. It's not like the Brian Williams thing where it lent credibility to his career and ability to be trusted as a newsperson. He's a comedian and actor. How does him being in one of the towers or not affect that at all?

The Bastard Executioner was really good, but holy s*** is it gruesome and gross. It doesn't bother me, but people who are easily grossed out should probably avoid it. Tons of throats slit, limbs sliced off, and a horribly sad and disgusting scene that I won't spoil.

But had a very nice twist to the story to set up the show. Absolutely need subtitles on to watch this though.

The beginning of that first video is totally me. I've haven't watched very many of the popular shows. Never seen Breaking Bad, OITNB, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Empire, etc...

I think the only shows I'm really caught up on are Last Man on Earth, Mr Robot, The Walking Dead (just watched seasons 1 through 5 within the last month) and Heroes (looking forward to Heroes Reborn on Thursday).

I did force myself to watch Under the Dome all the way through. That was horrible. I also watched the full season of The Whispers but nobody seems to be talking about it.

Debating if I want to watch the new American Horror Story.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 06:38 PM)
I gave up halfway through season 3. Didn't watch it last year. First season was great, then it fell way off.

I agree but I still try each season. They dropped the ball on Coven. Starts out well but they went away from magic and just killed people then resurrected them.

I quit Freak Show after 4 eps.

I enjoyed the Scream Queens premiere. Kind of silly at times but moves fast. Harmless.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
Ruxin was far too restrained in The League last night. He makes 5+ Pete/Kevin dick jokes per episode,

and when they actually rub their dicks together, he barely reacts.

He was concerned about a possible concocksion.

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Blackish off to a great start for season 2......tackling the N-word and had me laughing my ass off........

That was a great episode. Laurence Fishburne has some of the best lines. "You smell like wide open ass."

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 05:55 AM)
That was a great episode. Laurence Fishburne has some of the best lines. "You smell like wide open ass."

The best part was in the work meeting when they were discussing when and who can use the N-word. Rosie Perez is allowed...J Lo isn't......haha

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 06:30 PM)
Watching the Heroes reboot. With the exception of the Katana girl storyline, I've rather enjoyed it. It's also nice to see Carbondale get a mention....lol

Ha I had the exact same opinion of it. The katana storyline is so dumb but I enjoyed the rest. And yay Carbondale!