2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
It is a true story. I watched 8 episodes in 24 hours. Episodes are between 50 min and an hour

Ok, my buddy and I watched episode 1 today. We thought it was good, but got pretty boring for stretches at a time. Like...we got it...they ignored the real facts. BUT, we didn't realize the entire series was about this guy. We thought they were wrapping up his story and were bored since we knew the outcome already. Then that last clip they played about finding a body....that got us hooked. We then realized what it was setting up for, and the title of the show should have been obvious.

So yeah, I'll keep watching.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 23, 2015 -> 11:41 PM)
Ok, my buddy and I watched episode 1 today. We thought it was good, but got pretty boring for stretches at a time. Like...we got it...they ignored the real facts. BUT, we didn't realize the entire series was about this guy. We thought they were wrapping up his story and were bored since we knew the outcome already. Then that last clip they played about finding a body....that got us hooked. We then realized what it was setting up for, and the title of the show should have been obvious.

So yeah, I'll keep watching.

Yeah, there are some boring stretches but that kind of comes with true stories about some crime. Have to give some back story that really isn't entertaining. Considering I watched all 10 episodes in 48 hours, I was really interested in it lol

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 01:21 AM)
Yeah, there are some boring stretches but that kind of comes with true stories about some crime. Have to give some back story that really isn't entertaining. Considering I watched all 10 episodes in 48 hours, I was really interested in it lol

Well again, we only thought the backstory was boring or unnecessary in the middle was because we had thought Averys story was going to end in episode 1. So we thought we knew the outcome of his story, That he gets released after 18 years. So we were is it waiting for it to get to that conclusion again. Now that I know there is tons of stuff after that part of his life, the backstory is more important.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 12:00 AM)
For those of you who are interested in crime shows, Serial Podcast, stuff like that; you HAVE to check out "Making a Murderer" on Netflix. I need someone to talk to about this.

Just watched the whole thing over the last 18 hours or so and I don't know what to do with myself. It's incredibly upsetting.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
Well again, we only thought the backstory was boring or unnecessary in the middle was because we had thought Averys story was going to end in episode 1. So we thought we knew the outcome of his story, That he gets released after 18 years. So we were is it waiting for it to get to that conclusion again. Now that I know there is tons of stuff after that part of his life, the backstory is more important.

Oh, yeah I thought that too when watching the first episode. I thought it was going to end up being a series about 10 different cases

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
On episode 4...those Avery's are mental giants, huh?

Ha, can't differentiate what happened in different episodes but sadly they are not.

I think that's the one where Brendan's attorney basically sends his attorney to coerce a confession out of him which was unbelievable.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
Ha, can't differentiate what happened in different episodes but sadly they are not.

I think that's the one where Brendan's attorney basically sends his attorney to coerce a confession out of him which was unbelievable.

It was his investigator. I thought they were suppose to be on his side so I was so confused at first that he was trying to get him to confess and draw it out.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)

It was his investigator. I thought they were suppose to be on his side so I was so confused at first that he was trying to get him to confess and draw it out.

Yes, investigator. Silly error to make.

I thought they were trying to send Brendan to the police and make a confession that conflicted with the first one, making both confessions unreliable. Turns out he was just a terrible attorney.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Yes, investigator. Silly error to make.

I thought they were trying to send Brendan to the police and make a confession that conflicted with the first one, making both confessions unreliable. Turns out he was just a terrible attorney.

Yep, I truly think he was doing it to help get Steven put away easier.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
I don't know how old you are, but for anyone that is 20-35 right now, I have never seen a show capture "our" generation better, especially if you are living in the city. It's incredible.

Some of the acting is brutal but the show is great, really well written and as you said, captures the generation perfectly.

• 2 months later...

i just watch the first 2 esp of a series called Lucifer. not bad and i like it. i went and heard the soundtrack on youtube and there is some really great songs.

i need to catch the rest of it over the weekend.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
i just watch the first 2 esp of a series called Lucifer. not bad and i like it. i went and heard the soundtrack on youtube and there is some really great songs.

i need to catch the rest of it over the weekend.

Dude, you're stuck in the past. Time to move on.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 11:00 PM)
Dude, you're stuck in the past. Time to move on.

lol

niceeee. :lol:

i really don't get into tv. what i want to see, i download it. so to speak.

a friend gave me those 2 esp and i am hooked.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
I'm addicted to Imvestigation Discovery channel.

isn't that all like old Dateline, and 48 hrs. mysteries? I do check it for good ones :)

tho the commercials for Your Worst Nightmare creep me out "Wife Is Viciously Attacked By Intruder While Home Alone"

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 11:30 PM)
isn't that all like old Dateline, and 48 hrs. mysteries? I do check it for good ones :)

tho the commercials for Your Worst Nightmare creep me out "Wife Is Viciously Attacked By Intruder While Home Alone"

Yes. The show "See no evil" is my fav.

It's like watching Unsolved Mysteries as a kid. Freaks me out sometimes.

Brian, I tried to search through this thread and you were the only person I saw mention Bloodline. I thought that first season was incredible. I know you said it was a little slow, but I just found an interview with Executive Producer Todd Kessler that addresses that:

Whereas Season 1 was a slow burn, this upcoming season will move at a much faster pace. “We knew we were taking our time with the storytelling, and as the season progressed, it turns into a thriller. So in the second season, we’re no longer in that place,” Kessler said.

I actually AM counting down the days until season 2. John Leguizamo has signed on. I'll be binge watching on May 27.