2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
I like all the Mario stuff. So, I was thinking of getting Super Mario Land.

I'm not a huge fan of JPRGs. Probably would like to get a side scroller or something like that. Donkey Kong Country Returns looks good.

Super Mario Land is amazing. I got one after my kid was born and played that, New Super Mario Bros 1&2, donkey kong and super Mario kart.

Kind of disappointed in the selection beyond

But yeah, super Mario land is amazing. I beat it so if you want it at a discount pm me.

Went with the PS4 version of Fallout 4 and look forward to deeply regretting this decision when my game crashes after an hour of play. At least if it's REALLY bad I can just download the steam version and return the PS4 version to Amazon and face minimal Fallout downtime.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
While I don't expect it to be perfect, I'm going to wait on Fallout for a few weeks since it's a single player game and hope some patches at least fix most of the early problems.

I'm still on board with Star Wars BF, which is all multiplayer and about leveling up against the competition, so that may take up most of November for me, then head into Fallout.

Can't wait for both.

I waited on both FO3 and FNV, I can't wait on this one. The good news is, reviewers who have spent a good amount of time with the game hasn't reported any game breaking bugs so far, just the usual Bethesda jankiness and physics issues which I can live with, I'd prefer not have to to but these kinds of things were never fully patched on counsel versions of the last 2 games so even waiting may not cure all ills so I'm diving in on launch day.

Yeah, this is a great game. I've been playing for hours and feel like I've done nothing, it's almost intimidating in it's size and robustness. The crafting system is going to be cool once I figure it out, it's just way to much to take in on the first day, ridiculously deep. I'm excited to explore the 99.99% of the wasteland I haven't touched yet, what I've seen so far is exactly what I'd hoped. I actually haven't run into any bugs so far but there are a few negatives; the facial animations are still really bad, Bethesda can't design a 3rd person camera worth a damn and I'm not sure how I feel about the new dialogue system, the old branching format that allowed you enter a branch of dialogue then return back to central point and enter a new branch is gone, they've moved to a more linear system where you choose one dialogue option and the conversation rolls from their, I kinda feel like I'm missing out. Aside from that it's been all good, the voiced protagonist is solid IMO and the story actually seems interesting.

Fallout is overwhelming when you first start. So much to take in. I can't wait to do the work bench stuff.

Also, being able to run is so nice. Already had to run from a gang of mole rats trying to take me out.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 10:00 AM)
Ok, PS4 COD edition, is it worth it for the 1TB HD?

You'd have to download a ton of games to fill it up. I try to lean digital and still haven't filled up my launch PS4. I don't think it's worth paying up for, but if you have the choice and it's not a big price difference it can't hurt.

That's where they attacked me. They also have rabid mole rats now. They are harder to kill.

For some reason I thought i was in the catch all where the previous discussion was on real estate purchases, so I saw this and was like HOLY CRAP.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Fallout 4 Big Papi mod

Also, comically, MLB isn't happy.

“The use of these marks is an infringement of our rights. We plan to enforce those rights,” an MLB spokesman said in an e-mail Thursday.

This has to fall under some sort of exemption for fan art or something. It's a free mod, not something being sold by Bethesda.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
I've heard the graphics are laughably bad on the consoles. Is that true?

No, they are fine. They probably aren't as good as some other games that come out now, but they aren't laughably bad.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 10:04 AM)
Just slightly late to the conversation, but I am enjoying Uncharted as part of the Nathan Drake collection. Somehow never bothered to play on PS3.

Battlefront soon.

Uncharted 2 is still one of my favorite games. I got hooked on the multiplayer in 3 as well (yes, I know I'm doing it wrong). Can't wait for 4 to come out.

I can't decide if I want to get Battlefront or not. I fear it will be like Destiny in that it's a fun but highly flawed game that I won't play for more than a few weeks unless I have some friends to keep dragging me back to it (you people know you who you are!).