Hello to the new Soxtalk posters!

southsider2k5

We have noticed a whole lot of new posters coming into Soxtalk lately, and the Staff here wanted to take a few seconds to say hello and welcome to everyone who has jumped into the fray over the last few months. Soxtalk is a pretty established community founded over 10 years ago. In general it is a pretty relaxed page, the big rule is a ban on personal attacks. Other than that, just about any topic is fair game, within reason.

Out of Soxtalk came it's sister site FutureSox, which is the best look on the planet for all things White Sox minor leagues. Both sites have facebook and twitter pages.

Soxtalk is @SoxNet on twitter and found at here on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/27284358753/

FutureSox is @FutureSox on twitter and https://www.facebook.com/pages/FutureSoxcom/620988761259970 on facebook.

Now back to the new posters... Out of curiosity, how did you find Soxtalk, and what made you decide to register and/or start posting finally?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Normally, I just lurk and with the Sox stinking up the joint, it's easy to keep my thoughts to myself. But anticipating a fun off season, I had some thoughts I really wanted to throw out there this time. My only regret so far is saying that Bears fans deserve better then Cutler. :lol:

Oh, and the Blackhawks/NHL thread needed more love, too.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Welcome all! And thanks SS2k5 for starting this thread and posting that info. I never even knew about the Facebook or Twitter pages.

Glad to hear someone got some good out of it. Those pages aren't nearly as active, but they are there and do get some usage.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jan 6, 2015 -> 01:12 AM)
I'm a newer member on here, but this forum is quickly becoming one of my favorites. There seems to be a ton of nice people here and they're all Sox fans. What could be better?

some old style beer and home run inn pizza

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
Don't let us jerkwads scare you away. We get "passionate" about arguing ideas, but we aren't trying to be personal. Just argue "passionately" right back!

and there are times at the end of the discussion, the poster actually

do a congrats toward each other.

always remember people will not always agree, as long as it is civil and

a discussion without getting personal is great conversation.

other poster will read and i will tell, they will learn. these guys who post

on this site are very intelligent. i am extremely happy to be a small part

of this site.

QUOTE (shoeless_joe21 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
I joined almost a decade ago, but left to go on a ten year bender after they won it all in '05. Now I'm a born-again Soxtalk poster.

Welcome back Prodical Son. We are glad to have our very own Hunter S. Thompson back in the fold! Thanks, hi8is.

QUOTE (shoeless_joe21 @ Jan 6, 2015 -> 05:44 AM)
I joined almost a decade ago, but left to go on a ten year bender after they won it all in '05. Now I'm a born-again Soxtalk poster.

great to have you again. i came back at the beginning of last season.

now if some of the older members can come back.

sox in '15

QUOTE (skobabe8 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
Thanks! I've been a member of another Sox site but looking for something new. Happy to be here!

a lot of the earlier member here were members of another sox site.

either way, welcome to the best and really look at future sox. a lot

of great info.