Hello to the new Soxtalk posters!

southsider2k5

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
There aren't very many besides this and Whitesoxinteractive.com and from what I understand it's extraordinarily restrictive at WSI.

That's the one. I've never had a problem over there, but I'll just say a lot of older regulars are now gone.

QUOTE (skobabe8 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 03:36 AM)
That's the one. I've never had a problem over there, but I'll just say a lot of older regulars are now gone.

welcome to soxtalk. this is a great site, plain and simple. wait until the regular who

are in the chi land area gets a group going to the game.

also this is the best site for updated sox farm systems and players there.

peace.

Thank you all, I've been a lurker for a few yrs. and mostly went to The official site but that went bonkers. I like all the info/thoughts people have here. It was especially nice this off season with all the new additions added to the team. I've been a White Sox fan my whole life so where else would a true fan go? Thanks Al

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
Thank you all, I've been a lurker for a few yrs. and mostly went to The official site but that went bonkers. I like all the info/thoughts people have here. It was especially nice this off season with all the new additions added to the team. I've been a White Sox fan my whole life so where else would a true fan go? Thanks Al

this is the best site for white sox.

what gets me, there are many intelligent posters here who do not agree with each

other. that is the beauty, interesting, different opinions which some may not have

thought about. there is no yes man or follow the leader here.

posters have to be prepare to defend their opinions. i luv it. yessss

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Well see how he treats the church elders. You should at least shoot him a PM and let him know we are considering banning him.

Haha, thanks for the welcome.

I'll make sure to mind my P's and Q's. ;)

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)
I remember you from WSI. Glad to see more of the WSI posters finding a better home for all things White Sox.

That's where I was for most of my message board career. Started lurking here in 2010 or so, joined in 12, and this has been home since. Don't post as much as I did at WSI, but I think that's mainly because the SOX have been painful to think about before and after the games the past few years. Really enjoy Soxtalk!

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)
f*** all of you guys, go back to where you came from.

A lesson in green = sarcasm

I had intended on posting this exact post, except "I hate all of you" instead of "f*** all of you guys"

I hate you Tex

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
I had intended on posting this exact post, except "I hate all of you" instead of "f*** all of you guys"

I hate you Tex

Another power hungry social climbing moderator

Newcomers I challenge you to write a post in every forum around here before the end of January. There are conversations that range from thought provoking to Y2HH and I just yelling and him not making sense; from funny to poignant. The season hasn't started and it's a great time to really get to know the folks around here.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
That's where I was for most of my message board career. Started lurking here in 2010 or so, joined in 12, and this has been home since. Don't post as much as I did at WSI, but I think that's mainly because the SOX have been painful to think about before and after the games the past few years. Really enjoy Soxtalk!

Not to mention most of the good posters came here and another board. Quality went down.

Edited by woods of ypres

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
Not only that but plenty of outstanding posters were banned. If you go back to any of the big threads over the years like the almost Soriano trade in '06, the first Swisher trade, TCQ, etc. half of the first page of each thread will be comprised of guys who are now banned. Once I started posting here I pretty much stopped over there because it was such a toxic environment but I did post randomly saying Theo made great trades when moving both Garza and Samardzija/Hammel and a mod and I exchanged for about a full page and he was essentially just a Sox homer saying Theo sucks. No one else responded to our debate so it was just him and I going back and forth. Then he bans me for some stupid reason and once I was a banned a cluster of mods and long term posters come into bash me when I could no longer defend myself. The gang mentality and overzealous management ran that place into the ground while the management over here is laissez-faire and "only if you make me." The numbers really reflect that. Don't quote me on it, but in the most recent period SoxTalk users outpost WSI's by something like 8-1.

Soxtalk even keeps around guys like Wite and Kyle.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)
I found Soxtalk before WSI and never looked for anything else. The way you guys talk about it is intriguing, though -- sometimes I want to start posting there just to see how long it takes me to get banned.

I believe one thing that has really helped Soxtalk are the disagreements behind the scenes about who and what should be allowed and what needs to end. By the time anything is actually done someone has to really cross everyone's lines, and looking at mod list, you know we never agree on anything. I remember being the lone holdout on banning one poster. I sent him a PM and he basically told me to f*** off. :hawk:

I would sometimes post over there and really thought I would be banned in 2005. One of their posters kept predicting the Sox would miss the playoffs. One of the mods threatened that if the team made the playoffs he would be banned and if they missed he could stay. I posted they had that really backwards, why keep a guy around saying "I told you so" when the board would be semi-suicidal after such a collapse? Ban him if he was right. A couple people immediately posted goodbye messages to me but they never got around to banning. I think I still have an account there but I haven't been there in years.

really lets look at it from a different point of view. how would this forum be if

everyone is a "yes sir" and must follow the mods point of view.

here it was a brawl on a saturday night and the next day it was the emotions

were gone.

difference of opinion helps conversation.

the other thing, the posters here knows their stuff, no pulling wool over there

eyes.