Hello to the new Soxtalk posters!

southsider2k5

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)
well then, you should fit right in

I would say fathom's new bff, but he's actually been slipping on the pessimism for a couple of years now.. even when the sox were sucking. There is a poster here slowly taking over that title though.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
really lets look at it from a different point of view. how would this forum be if

everyone is a "yes sir" and must follow the mods point of view.

here it was a brawl on a saturday night and the next day it was the emotions

were gone.

difference of opinion helps conversation.

the other thing, the posters here knows their stuff, no pulling wool over there

eyes.

IMHO it would be terrible especially in the 'buster. On your last point one thing we worry about is a kind of group think sets in and certain things are accepted and if you do not it will get beat into you. So again IMHO guys like Greg that continue to defend Ozzie are good. The stats and visual sets are both necessary. The optimists and the pessimists. The carnivores and the herbivores. I especially appreciate the herbivores because it leaves more tasty animals for hungry Texans to bbq.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
Not only that but plenty of outstanding posters were banned. If you go back to any of the big threads over the years like the almost Soriano trade in '06, the first Swisher trade, TCQ, etc. half of the first page of each thread will be comprised of guys who are now banned. Once I started posting here I pretty much stopped over there because it was such a toxic environment but I did post randomly saying Theo made great trades when moving both Garza and Samardzija/Hammel and a mod and I exchanged for about a full page and he was essentially just a Sox homer saying Theo sucks. No one else responded to our debate so it was just him and I going back and forth. Then he bans me for some stupid reason and once I was a banned a cluster of mods and long term posters come into bash me when I could no longer defend myself. The gang mentality and overzealous management ran that place into the ground while the management over here is laissez-faire and "only if you make me." The numbers really reflect that. Don't quote me on it, but in the most recent period SoxTalk users outpost WSI's by something like 8-1.

Oh, for sure. Lots of good posters too.

Hey SoxTalk, I'm a pretty young fan and I continuously read these forums for news and conversations about the team I've always loved. I've even bookmarked the site because I check it pretty much every day. So I finally figured, hey, if I'm reading these every day... might as well join in on the conversating! Hope a young sox fan like me is welcome around here :)

QUOTE (RaySox @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
Hey SoxTalk, I'm a pretty young fan and I continuously read these forums for news and conversations about the team I've always loved. I've even bookmarked the site because I check it pretty much every day. So I finally figured, hey, if I'm reading these every day... might as well join in on the conversating! Hope a young sox fan like me is welcome around here :)

The more, the merrier. Welcome aboard bud.

QUOTE (RaySox @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 12:53 AM)

blood, fresh blood.

welcome to the best sports forum. this forum has anything you wish to discuss. as for

me, everything except the sCrubs from the northside. :lol:

i favorite is the great section of future sox. where all updates of the sox minors that

can be assembled, by great posters.

Welcome aboard!

I hear the FutureSox part of the board is quite good. :lol:

Seriously though, we love all the new posters that have joined recently. SoxTalk is far and away the strongest, broadest White Sox community on the web.

Welcome aboard! (You as well as the other new guys :)) I got to ask about your age though. Quinarvy is, I believe, the youngest regular here so I'm trying to see if you have him beat. (plus he has no friends his age here and needs one badly)