2015 AL Central Thread

flavum

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
@royalsauthority: On V-Mart: Sal Perez had meniscus surgery 3/16/12. Missed 1st 67 games of the season. Returned on 6/22/12.

Perez turned 22 while rehabbing. Martinez is 36.

FYI, if you Google Victor Martinez, it's the same as Jay Cutler, a massive bodybuilder appears.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
Perez turned 22 while rehabbing. Martinez is 36.

FYI, if you Google Victor Martinez, it's the same as Jay Cutler, a massive bodybuilder appears.

Perez had his surgery a month later, and had to have his knee rehabbed enough to catch. Martinez only to DH. I think he'll start the year on the DL, but I would bet he's back before May 1 assuming no complications . The season starts about a week later this year.

Edited by Dick Allen

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 18, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
anthony fenech ‏@anthonyfenech 2h2 hours ago

The Tigers say "it's optimistic Miguel could be ready close to Opening Day."

I think Miggy is going to start entering the phase of his career where those nagging injuries are harder and harder to play through until it's impossible to play through them. Same thing happened to Albert Pujols too.

Not to say he'll ever be a bad hitter, but I think we are beginning to see him break down. Oh, and after this year, the Tigers are on hook for $248 million over the next 8 years. Have fun with that one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
120 Sports ‏@120Sports 28m28 minutes ago

Justin Verlander left today's Spring Training game in the 3rd inning with an undisclosed injury.

Strained groin, girlfriend.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 18, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
I think Miggy is going to start entering the phase of his career where those nagging injuries are harder and harder to play through until it's impossible to play through them. Same thing happened to Albert Pujols too.

Not to say he'll ever be a bad hitter, but I think we are beginning to see him break down. Oh, and after this year, the Tigers are on hook for $248 million over the next 8 years. Have fun with that one.

There's always the Rangers.