2015 AL Central Thread

flavum

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)
Yan gomes injured at a play at the plate, needed 2 players to carry him off the field

Im going to guess hyperextended/sprained knee...out 2-3 weeks.

Could be mcl/acl.....weird angle, Rajai Davis cliipped his foot/ankle sliding in with his foot on the plate.

Wonder if they will revisit the Posey Rule yet again?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the royals, man they're good. I know it's only the first week, but this team is playing like they did in the playoffs and you could argue they're better this year. Like I said , still early, but I remember most experts choosing them to finish 4th, yea that's not happening lol

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)
Watching the royals, man they're good. I know it's only the first week, but this team is playing like they did in the playoffs and you could argue they're better this year. Like I said , still early, but I remember most experts choosing them to finish 4th, yea that's not happening lol

1) all the young players have more confidence

2) perez, moustakas and escobar all have room to improve offensively on last year

3) rios and morales >>> butler and aoki....mixing in better chemistry-wise, to go with along with omar infante, can mentor sal perez/esky/k.escobar...right now, near perfect mix of youth and veterans

4) medlen hochevar volquez >>> 2014 james shields

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
Tigers already up 3-0 in top of 1st. After Cabrera 2 run HR, Martinez hit in ribs, warnings were issued. Still in the top of the 1st.

6-1 now lol that line up is so good. At this rate, they won't even need a good bullpen or back end starters lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 05:02 PM)
Houston could have easily had JD Martinez, Kris Bryant and Carlos Rodon. Instead all they have is Mark Appel.

JD is doing pretty well batting near Miggy, but I don't think he belongs with those other two. Houston gave him 3 seasons and he didn't really do much with it. Houston has some pretty awesome players and prospects in Springer, Altuve and Singleton. They definitely made some questionable moves and could have been tremendously better.

Looks like they'll go with Dyson against RHP and Paulo Orlando against LHP for the moment.

Speculation is he'll be out until around the last week of May or first week of June.

Indians sign Jhoulys Chacin (Rockies released) and reliever Ryan Webb...DFA Shawn Marcum

EDIT: Or the Royals turn Viciedo into another GG winner and outfield assist leader.

Edited by caulfield12