2015 AL Central Thread

flavum

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
Playing two superb teams 18 times this year is gonna make it hard for three teams to come out of the AL Central

It's rare for three teams to be upper-80's wins, but it could happen. Gotta dominate the 20 interleague games.

Royals' first loss against an American League opponent after 16 consecutive victories. 19 1/3 scoreless innings out of the bullpen to begin the season.

Univ. of Missouri's Kyle Gibson against the Royals career-wise, 4-0, 1.38 ERA, just 4 ER in 26 innings.

Against the rest of MLB, 5+ ERA.

Seems the key to stopping KC is a sinker/slider combination down low in the zone, inducing lots of groundballs and double play balls.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)

It's rare for three teams to be upper-80's wins, but it could happen. Gotta dominate the 20 interleague games.

It's happened before, when was it 2010 or 2011 when they nearly made the playoffs simply based on interleague success?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:16 PM)
It's happened before, when was it 2010 or 2011 when they nearly made the playoffs simply based on interleague success?

We had a 26-5 run to briefly take over first before the Twins mowed us down during the stretch run, just like 2003....

I think from 2003-2010 we had the 2nd or 3rd best interleague record in MLB.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
Scary thought....if Tigers sweep the Sox this wknd, they would be 7.5 games in front of the Sox

I'm going to mail you a few Percocets I have left over from a recent prescription. You can't be thinking so negatively- not healthy.

J/k if any DEA happen to be reading.

:lol:

LOL, it's fine to be sarcastic...but we still need to take care of business and win at least 1/3 in DET (likely the Sale start). And Chris has had his share of struggles with the Tigers in DET as well, but maybe this is a case of selective memory from watching one particular Saturday national game start.

Also, recently heard the White Sox are 10 games over since 2012 in Chris Sale starts and something like 40-45 games under in games started by all other pitchers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
I like your optimism but we don't have the pitching to do that. I could see 2 of 3.

Aren't we lining up Shark, Sale, and Q in this series? If we were ever gonna have the pitching to sweep them, that's how it would go.

I'm more worried about the offense. David Price has a chance at a Maddux the way this team is hitting.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
LOL, it's fine to be sarcastic...but we still need to take care of business and win at least 1/3 in DET (likely the Sale start). And Chris has had his share of struggles with the Tigers in DET as well, but maybe this is a case of selective memory from watching one particular Saturday national game start.

Also, recently heard the White Sox are 10 games over since 2012 in Chris Sale starts and something like 40-45 games under in games started by all other pitchers.

Career 2-2 3.26 ERA 38.2 IP 45K 1.241 WHIP

His worst away parks are Baltimore, Texas, Cleveland, and LAD