2015 AL Central Thread

flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
Betances is very tough and maybe even better than advertised...you can certainly see why they were willing to let Robertson (who's been simply great for the Sox) go.

Money is no object to the Yankees. A 7,8,9 of Betances, Miller, and Robertson could be in the picture for best of all time. Considering they have some starter issues, it would make sense to keep the 3 together and lower Betances paycheck once his arb clock starts.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 07:14 AM)
Im sure you guys discussed it in your game thread last night, but Yordano Ventura is a clown.

Im all for showing some emotion and flair on the ball field, but he went over the line to straight up taunting.

Something is really wrong with him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
Something is really wrong with him.

Very Carlos Zambrano like. I wonder if he is a "red bull" person on the day of games. They energy drink really effects personalities in our students as well. You can tell during exams when they use them. It doesn't effect everyone the same but it really effects some.

Of course the other could be PED driven

Or maybe he is just an a*$.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:36 PM)
Very Carlos Zambrano like. I wonder if he is a "red bull" person on the day of games. They energy drink really effects personalities in our students as well. You can tell during exams when they use them. It doesn't effect everyone the same but it really effects some.

Of course the other could be PED driven

Or maybe he is just an a*$.

Funny thing is I remember Zambrano getting weird cramps as well when he used to pitch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
Funny thing is I remember Zambrano getting weird cramps as well when he used to pitch.

That's the dehydration from the boatloads of caffeine and other stimulants in those drinks.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 07:07 PM)
Cleveland is off to a terrible start. They are at an AL low 6 wins. The lowly Twins have 8.

Kluber with another bad start.

With the 2nd wildcard, it's hard to count teams out after April. But they're not winning the AL Central.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 07:15 PM)
Kluber with another bad start.

With the 2nd wildcard, it's hard to count teams out after April. But they're not winning the AL Central.

His run support has been in the mid 1's, but he hasn't pitched that well, either.

Tonight was probably his worst, velocity/stuff seems to be down from last year. Maybe he wasn't prepared physically for the big increase in innings pitched.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)
Kluber had an amazing season last year, but you look at his minor league statistics and it is a huge anomaly. Some guys figure it out of course, but I would say he is probably experiencing a correction

Loaiza made the all-star team in 2004 after his crazy-good season, but wasn't nearly as good. It kind of reminds me of that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
Loaiza made the all-star team in 2004 after his crazy-good season, but wasn't nearly as good. It kind of reminds me of that.

Kluber had a pretty good season before last year. He's got better stuff than Loaiza too. Loaiza was pretty much a one year wonder at age 31. Kluber had his first productive year at 27.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
Kluber had a pretty good season before last year. He's got better stuff than Loaiza too. Loaiza was pretty much a one year wonder at age 31. Kluber had his first productive year at 27.

Yeah, I think Kluber is better than Loaiza, but I doubt he'll be a top-3 Cy guy anymore. Career year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)
Kluber had an amazing season last year, but you look at his minor league statistics and it is a huge anomaly. Some guys figure it out of course, but I would say he is probably experiencing a correction

Great move by him immediately signing the contract extension

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
His run support has been in the mid 1's, but he hasn't pitched that well, either.

Tonight was probably his worst, velocity/stuff seems to be down from last year. Maybe he wasn't prepared physically for the big increase in innings pitched.

Almost 100 innings more than the prior year may have been a little much.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:50 PM)
I would have never guessed that a few years after the trade that Iglesias would be a better hitter than Avi.

Iglesias has to come back to his norm eventually. He gets more hits that are squibbers, bloops, and ground balls than anybody I have ever seen. His BABIP is close to Miguel Cabrera's.