2015 NFL Draft Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
It will be interesting to see what Pace does in his first official draft as GM.

I wish there was a Khalil Mack type Linebacker sitting there that could be the cornerstone

If the Bears go 3-4, there very well could be. OLBs Shane Ray (Missouri) and Vic Beasley (Clemson) could be very good edge rusher like Aldon Smith.

With that said, we really can't think of any players yet because we don't have a Head Coach. It'll also be interesting to see how they turn over this roster. Is Marshall done? Jennings? Pace got a 5 year contract because the Bears liked his long term plan.

In my opinion, I really hope the Bears try to trade some of the veterans (Marshall, Cutler, Allen, Jennings) and just start the rebuild.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
If the Bears go 3-4, there very well could be. OLBs Shane Ray (Missouri) and Vic Beasley (Clemson) could be very good edge rusher like Aldon Smith.

With that said, we really can't think of any players yet because we don't have a Head Coach. It'll also be interesting to see how they turn over this roster. Is Marshall done? Jennings? Pace got a 5 year contract because the Bears liked his long term plan.

In my opinion, I really hope the Bears try to trade some of the veterans (Marshall, Cutler, Allen, Jennings) and just start the rebuild.

Randy Gregory, Bud Dupree, and Dante Fowler are also top notch pass rushers. Very deep class at the position.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
I'd say yes to either of the top 2 QBs.

I'm wondering what QB might be available around the start of the 2nd?

Right now it looks bleak. Maybe Hundley drops a bit and is there but after him the QB class looks hella weak. Guys like Garrett Grayson, Sean Mannion, and Bryce Petty are all in the convo for the 4th best QB.

If Cutler is indeed gone, which I'm neither for nor against, I think the best bet for the Bears would be to sign Ryan Mallet and hope he can reach his hyped potential. Snag someone in the mid rounds to compete/groom.

I agree with those that said there's not really a safety worth #7 and that they should try and trade back then take best possible defensive player where ever that end up.

But I am also kinda rooting for a 3-4 just because of all the talent at the top among 3-4 OLBs.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 02:37 AM)
Right now it looks bleak. Maybe Hundley drops a bit and is there but after him the QB class looks hella weak. Guys like Garrett Grayson, Sean Mannion, and Bryce Petty are all in the convo for the 4th best QB.

If Cutler is indeed gone, which I'm neither for nor against, I think the best bet for the Bears would be to sign Ryan Mallet and hope he can reach his hyped potential. Snag someone in the mid rounds to compete/groom.

I agree with those that said there's not really a safety worth #7 and that they should try and trade back then take best possible defensive player where ever that end up.

But I am also kinda rooting for a 3-4 just because of all the talent at the top among 3-4 OLBs.

i am still with the 2 qb's i wrote about, the 2 that are backup and will be or may be on

the trading block. with ref to the this yr QB in the draft, there is only 1 and he is going

#1.

here is a question, if Winson QB is there, do you want to bears to draft him??

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015charlie.php

http://newnfldraft.com/john-es-2015-nfl-mock-draft/

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 11:58 PM)
i am still with the 2 qb's i wrote about, the 2 that are backup and will be or may be on

the trading block. with ref to the this yr QB in the draft, there is only 1 and he is going

#1.

here is a question, if Winson QB is there, do you want to bears to draft him??

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015charlie.php

http://newnfldraft.com/john-es-2015-nfl-mock-draft/

If Jay is gone then you absolutely have to take Winston if he's there.

Ironically, talent wise I kinda see a bit of Jay in Winston. That said though he would a whole lot cheaper, and can grow as a QB and as a man of course.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 05:56 AM)
If Jay is gone then you absolutely have to take Winston if he's there.

Ironically, talent wise I kinda see a bit of Jay in Winston. That said though he would a whole lot cheaper, and can grow as a QB and as a man of course.

my problem is his off fields problems, also is there any rumors of being a

problem on the team.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 01:28 AM)
my problem is his off fields problems, also is there any rumors of being a

problem on the team.

I haven't heard anything about him being a bad teammate, and actually quite the opposite. I think he's a great leader on the field.

Obviously the concerns off the field are legit, but if Jay is gone you simply can't pass on his talent. There's a reason why he probably doesn't drop to 7.

Here's a video on Winston as a leader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMtMl2vt6ME

Kid (and he is just that, a kid) oozes with TWTW.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
DeVante Parker will be the best wide receiver from this draft.

He could be. I really, really like Jameson Crowder and Justin Hardy. Crowder is an Antonio Brown clone and Hardy might not have quite the upside, but he has good size and great hands and should be available in rounds 2-3.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:49 PM)
Cardale Jones for #1 pick!

He should and will enter the draft in my opinion. He's already 22 years old, has a kid, and will have to compete with Barrett to start next year. He's looking at being the 3rd QB off the board in April. I think he leaves.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 08:35 AM)
Landon Collins isn't good enough to go #7 if Ryan Pace is honest about taking the best player available. Collins is overrated. More of a box safety. Good player but not worth a top 10 pick.

He's a great all around safety. A better prospect than any of the safeties last year.

I think he ends up going top 10, top 15 at worst.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 08:55 AM)
He's a great all around safety. A better prospect than any of the safeties last year.

I think he ends up going top 10, top 15 at worst.

I disgaree. He's better than last year's guys. There will be better players at different positions on the board though when the Bears choose.

I want Landon Collins, too, and I have already seen him to the Bears in at least one mock. However, everything Pace said in his press conference about taking "the best player available" regardless of need makes me almost certain he won't take him. That frustrates me, because I think there are exceptions to every rule and this cries out as a prime example, especially after the complete whiff at safety last offseason.