Adam Dunn is retiring

southsider2k5

By all accounts, just a top notch guy.

I still remember the day we signed Biggen'. I was so pumped that I watched youtube videos of him hitting moon shots for about an hour. It sure didn't work out for the SOX, but I wish the big man nothing but the best.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
By all accounts, just a top notch guy.

I still remember the day we signed Biggen'. I was so pumped that I watched youtube videos of him hitting moon shots for about an hour. It sure didn't work out for the SOX, but I wish the big man nothing but the best.

a great comment and i agree

QUOTE (Doc Edwards Shot @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
He just got paid so much by the White Sox the past 4 years that there's zero pressure on him to continue his nosediving career.

He can comfortably retire.

He was still a perfectly acceptable option against right handed pitching, but I think he has other investment ventures he wants to spend more time with, plus he has a family too. He's done all he wants to and I don't think he necessarily enjoyed the past couple of years. This is better for him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
Adam Dunn is in no way, shape, or form a Hall of Famer. He will likely be on the ballot because he hit a lot of home runs, but if he gets more than 1 or 2 votes, I'd be incredibly surprised.

Anyone want to call Dave Kingman an HOF? I'd put Dunn in the same category, albiet with more walks.