If you could acquire one last player to complete the offseason...

QUOTE (dewssox79 @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
Well I have always wanted SP Roark. Just so happens he maybe going to the pen. Such a waste of talent going to the pen.

I'd love Roark as our #4. I don't know what it'd take to get him, but make it happen Mr. Rick Hahn.

A rotation of Sale/Shark/Q/Roark/Danks is nice.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
I'd love Roark as our #4. I don't know what it'd take to get him, but make it happen Mr. Rick Hahn.

I'd love to add Roark for one because he is a good right handed pitcher who is only 28 and is under team control until 2020. And two, he attended Illinois and is an Illinois guy.

I'd offer Beck, Hawkins, and Sanchez for Roark.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)

its not going to happen, he is young and controllable for more yrs, plus his salary if 600 k +/-.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
its not going to happen, he is young and controllable for more yrs, plus his salary if 600 k +/-.

Have to agree. With Zimmermann and Fister being free agents after this year, they need Roark. Fister I can see resigning with the Nats as I can't see him costing as much as Zimmerman. My vote still goes to Beachy. Offer him what the Royals gave Medlen (he is under team control for two years, but we can guarantee him the second year if that's what it takes).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
Have to agree. With Zimmerman and Fister being free agents after this year, they need Roark. Fister I can see resigning with the Nats as I can't see him costing as much as Zimmerman. My vote still goes to Beachy. Offer him what the Royals gave Medlen (he is under team control for two years, but we can guarantee him the second year if that's what it takes).

I agree on Beachy, while he costs zero assets but cannot stay healthy for more than a year.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 05:51 PM)

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
Have to agree. With Zimmermann and Fister being free agents after this year, they need Roark. Fister I can see resigning with the Nats as I can't see him costing as much as Zimmerman. My vote still goes to Beachy. Offer him what the Royals gave Medlen (he is under team control for two years, but we can guarantee him the second year if that's what it takes).

Definitely. The Nats know how important SP depth is, and Fister hasn't exactly been able to stay off the DL the past couple years.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 10:58 PM)
I agree on Beachy, while he costs zero assets but cannot stay healthy for more than a year.

i like the idea, a 1 yr maybe an additional, if he gets hurt in the 2 nd yr, who cares, he provided coverage in case of injury or innings eater.

i am still preaching another sp b/c i do not want to trust in faith.