Sports Betting

kev211

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
So Duke being -1.5 at ND is a trap right? Still not convinced this ND team is quite this good

I maybe wrong, but I thought that ND started out as a 1-1.5 favorite and it has since flip flopped.

Also saw that Virginia was projected to be a 10 point favorite over Duke Saturday which seems crazy.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Duke being -1.5 at ND is a trap right? Still not convinced this ND team is quite this good

ND is a very odd team. The best or nearly the best in the nation in offensive efficiency, FG %, low turnover rate, etc., but they absolutely can't stop anybody on defense. They will probably have to play zone to handle Okafor. If Duke runs cold from the outside and ND gets a hot shooting night, ND could win this game. Duke could also win by double digits.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
ND is a very odd team. The best or nearly the best in the nation in offensive efficiency, FG %, low turnover rate, etc., but they absolutely can't stop anybody on defense. They will probably have to play zone to handle Okafor. If Duke runs cold from the outside and ND gets a hot shooting night, ND could win this game. Duke could also win by double digits.

I've only seen them play twice this year, and I know they can shoot but they aren't physical at all. This is an uncharacteristically physical Duke team with pretty good size

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)

All the good ND teams in recent years have been the same way.

Well, ND looked great. Bet looked good when Duke was up 11 late but I think they scored like 4 points the last 5 minutes. I despise Duke, so it's alright.

f***ing Kansas though! :lol: Up by 10 with less than 2 minutes left, they let TCU get to within 3 with 5 seconds left, get fouled and miss both FTs. Line was -4. Not a good night in CBB for me

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
Boring betting day. Anyone have any thoughts?

I put something on PSV this afternoon (Dutch soccer league). They are by far the best team in the league (19-1-2 on the year) and don't have any real injuries right now. They are on the road at AZ (Aron Johannson's club) but despite AZ's good season so far they have not been that great of a home side. ML is right around -110 so I'm gonna give it a go since I thought this would have been sitting in the -160 range.

Edit: This means it's gonna be a draw :lol:

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
I put something on PSV this afternoon (Dutch soccer league). They are by far the best team in the league (19-1-2 on the year) and don't have any real injuries right now. They are on the road at AZ (Aron Johannson's club) but despite AZ's good season so far they have not been that great of a home side. ML is right around -110 so I'm gonna give it a go since I thought this would have been sitting in the -160 range.

Edit: This means it's gonna be a draw :lol:

Giving this one a go. Thanks

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 07:13 AM)
The worst is betting on baseball. I'm done with that after last year :lol:

I learned my lesson back in college. I had done well with college basketball, so then I let it all ride on Opening Day. I went with Buehrle vs. KC and Randy Johnson was pitching for Arizona. The Sox and DBacks ended up scoring a combined zero runs and my balance disappeared. Never again, lol.