Sox sign Geo Soto

flavum

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
Bah, I was all set to drop knowledge before I saw your edit, but I'm gonna do it anyway. For something like this during an offseason you can go to the Fangraphs leaderboards and select Past 3 Calendar Years as the split. For something a little less cut-and-dry you go into the player's game log, hit All Dates, and then customize the dates you want from there. The second way is easily one of my favorite features on the site.

Ohhhh nice. I didn't notice that in the Splits section. That's way easier. Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
Definitely the "spaghetti against the wall" strategy this year. But, you can't have EVERYTHING you want, right?

Why throw spaghetti against the wall? That's not only a hell of a mess to clean up, but that's delicious spaghetti you're throwing against that wall!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
Why throw spaghetti against the wall? That's not only a hell of a mess to clean up, but that's delicious spaghetti you're throwing against that wall!

How else you gonna know if the spaghetti is done?

Its not like a catcher, where you can tell he is done after he loses 40 pounds and his power suddenly and mysteriously disappears as fast as it came. :P

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
Definitely the "spaghetti against the wall" strategy this year. But, you can't have EVERYTHING you want, right?

Chicago White Sox announce the signings of Ron Karkovice, Joel Skinner, Jim Essian, and Ed Herrman to minor league deals.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 04:09 AM)
Lol, it's ok LDF, I was just kidding and I am sure LittleHurt knows that. It's a line from a movie.

thats kool. anyway i was using the speech from the calf cop beating

of the rodney king.

can't we all be friends.....

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 08:01 PM)
I always wondered how this guy fell so fast. After him testing positive for pot that's when ti decline started. I don't like getting guys from habitually losing organizations. It supports that imaginative mental weakness theory I can't shake.

i am sorry, but you are talking about Soto, right?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Have to agree. Especially with Hahn saying that they are looking for a right handed hitting infielder.

Hahn said he was looking for an acquisition and also said Saladino would be a top internal candidate. It seems the Sox have really soured on Davidson. Even Buddy Bell's effort to spin him up was half hearted and he mentioned how hard it is to hit, and failure rate.

The minor league guys did seem a little more hopeful with Johnson. They think he tweaked his mechanics a bit just trying to succeed. They still think he can get back to where he was.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
Have to agree. Especially with Hahn saying that they are looking for a right handed hitting infielder.

or even a hitting infielder. I hope Saladino's healthy and he gets a shot.

Davidson, unable to play any positions other than 3rd, doesn't merit a spot on the bench even if he displayed that he could kinda hit spring training pitching.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)
I always wondered how this guy fell so fast. After him testing positive for pot that's when ti decline started. I don't like getting guys from habitually losing organizations. It supports that imaginative mental weakness theory I can't shake.

I think he may have succumb to Randy Wells syndrome and partied too hard after his first year of success with the Cubs and couldn't maintain it.