Should MLB Expand Rosters

LDF

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 06:04 PM)
Advanced stats don't magically make a #6 starter better. If anything, advanced stats are telling us that the 24th and 25th guys on the roster are a lot worse than we thought they were.

no one is saying that using the advance stats, will not magically make a starter better, actually this is pretty silly to even suggest this snide comment. c'mon lets use some intelligence here.

the advance stats, which i know you which i am talking about, b/c you have been in discussions in other threads, those stats can be use to situational hitting or pitching. it will leave coaches and managers another arm, another bat,

oh well.

no one is saying that using the advance stats, will not magically make a starter better, actually this is pretty silly to even suggest this snide comment. c'mon lets use some intelligence here.

the advance stats, which i know you which i am talking about, b/c you have been in discussions in other threads, those stats can be use to situational hitting or pitching. it will leave coaches and managers another arm, another bat,

oh well.

But those other arms and bats are going to suck, and they are going to suck so bad they won't even be good situationally. There's already a bunch of s***ty lefty relievers on rosters because there aren't enough good ones to go around. Expanding the rosters doesn't help that problem.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
But those other arms and bats are going to suck, and they are going to suck so bad they won't even be good situationally. There's already a bunch of s***ty lefty relievers on rosters because there aren't enough good ones to go around. Expanding the rosters doesn't help that problem.

a good point, actually a great point.

the point is, while the teams may explore expanding, they may not have the players to fit right away, but they may in the future.