Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Snowmageddon 2015

Doesn't seem like we have gotten too much up in Gurnee yet but enough to make roads blow. Work will be slow and it will get worse around 2pm.

Yeah, I'm guessing we're going to get more than projected unless it started moving through faster.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)
Yeah, I'm guessing we're going to get more than projected unless it started moving through faster.

Usually they over estimate. This time around, it seems like the projected totals keep getting bigger, O'Hare now looking at 14 inches.

I wasn't very excited about our Super Bowl party options, happy to have a legit excuse if I want to skip them

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
Usually they over estimate. This time around, it seems like the projected totals keep getting bigger, O'Hare now looking at 14 inches.

I wasn't very excited about our Super Bowl party options, happy to have a legit excuse if I want to skip them

Ha, in the same boat. Come on white out conditions!

Although I'm already getting tired of shoveling. Round 1 was about 7:30 this morning. Round 2 about 10:30. I'm kind over it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
Ha, in the same boat. Come on white out conditions!

Although I'm already getting tired of shoveling. Round 1 was about 7:30 this morning. Round 2 about 10:30. I'm kind over it.

Having a neighbor with an industrial snow blower who looks for any excuse to use it is great. He did half the block.

So how many people did this weather affect Super Bowl plans with other than myself? Can't believe I'm staying home.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
So how many people did this weather affect Super Bowl plans with other than myself? Can't believe I'm staying home.

We ended up staying home. A police SUV got stuck on my block, I think that was a sign.

Was supposed to have a surprise party today that got cancelled. No problem though. It was fine. My girlfriend and our kids were into it. Even if they faked it, it was a good enough job for me. Work will suck in the morning.

Regarding the snow, I broke two of my shovels based on the weight of the snow. I wish I had a snowblower. Can't wait to move to SoCal.

Edited by nitetrain8601

After a Friday forecast of 8 inches, we got less than an inch in Columbus. Stayed too warm.

Haven't seen anything official, but we are certainly over a foot here in Northbrook. I'd guess 14-16" in the end, but hard to say for sure with the drifts.

Older kid's school closed, younger kid's actually stayed open. Office open (because the markets are open) but I'm working from home, staying with the older one.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 07:55 AM)
Haven't seen anything official, but we are certainly over a foot here in Northbrook. I'd guess 14-16" in the end, but hard to say for sure with the drifts.

Older kid's school closed, younger kid's actually stayed open. Office open (because the markets are open) but I'm working from home, staying with the older one.

19.1" at O'hare is what I heard on WXRT this morning, making it the 5th biggest snow storm in Chicago history.

3 times with the snowblower yesterday, probably going to have to do it once more when I get home from work today

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
Not sure how much snow Oak Brook got, but our office there was not closed today.

Really? That's strange, I live near Oak Brook and they got just as much as the neighboring towns in which everything is closed.

19.1" at O'hare is what I heard on WXRT this morning, making it the 5th biggest snow storm in Chicago history.

Which decision is worse: Deciding to drive in the middle of the blizzard, or calling a pass play on 2nd and Goal from the 1?

Hm, maybe I'm underestimating. I always go with the lowest point of snow pack, but maybe that's not the best way to guess.

I tried to google a local site for Northbrook, but the one I found said zero precipitation yesterday, LOL.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
Hm, maybe I'm underestimating. I always go with the lowest point of snow pack, but maybe that's not the best way to guess.

I tried to google a local site for Northbrook, but the one I found said zero precipitation yesterday, LOL.

I'm here at work in Northbrook. Seems to have come up short of what we got in Lombard. Of course, we get hella drifts at my house. I don't need to focus on my back at the gym this week, that's for sure.

We had about a foot, but then it started blowing last night so it is hard to tell. SOmething between 15 to 18 inches seems about right.

With our home construction project, we can't use our garage really, so we have to park on the street. (No driveway) The Jeep got out fine this morning, but it's gonna be an adventure to get my sedan out tonight.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
Buying a Jeep with 4 wheel drive was perhaps my best decision ever in life.

Yep, pays off in spades.