Park Experience Changes?

flavum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/201...-feel-this-year

I'm all for some changes, but more like the NBA?

Have to wait and see.

What is with these guys trying to ditch the Thunderstruck from the opening. Leave it alone.

Edited by southsideirish71

Playing an AC/DC song at a baseball game to me (as a Type-A white collar) screams "Trailer Park Trash". It doesn't get my fired up for baseball. It makes me cringe.

The sooner they rid themselves of any AC/DC or Aerosmith playing at the park will be a fine day in White Sox history.

Would be great if they could get rid of God Bless America at 7th inning stretch and either put it before anthem, or replace it with one of the better songs like America, the beautiful (especially with it's loose Chicago ties).

But alas, that's impossible.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
Would be great if they could get rid of God Bless America at 7th inning stretch and either put it before anthem, or replace it with one of the better songs like America, the beautiful (especially with it's loose Chicago ties).

But alas, that's impossible.

IIRC that was an MLB directive, and I am guessing no one wants to be the person to stop doing it for fear of being labeled a commy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
IIRC that was an MLB directive, and I am guessing no one wants to be the person to stop doing it for fear of being labeled a commy.

Yes, sigh, I know. Stuck with probably the worst patriotic song written for eternity.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)

The Cubs don't do it. They do it before the game with the Anthem. Celebrity Take Me Out To The Ballgame takes a backseat to no one.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
The Cubs don't do it. They do it before the game with the Anthem. Celebrity Take Me Out To The Ballgame takes a backseat to no one.

The Cubs are pretty much immune to everything that the rest of the sports world faces. They are the exception to pretty much every rule out there.

"The NBA is really well known for the big spectacle of events they do, such as All-Star weekend and the NBA Finals,"

Man, I wish baseball had events like that. Instead, there is no break in the middle of the season, and everyone goes home for the winter when the regular season ends. This guy may be on to something.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
"The NBA is really well known for the big spectacle of events they do, such as All-Star weekend and the NBA Finals,"

Man, I wish baseball had events like that. Instead, there is no break in the middle of the season, and everyone goes home for the winter when the regular season ends. This guy may be on to something.

He didn't say All Star game, he said ALl Star weekend, and yes, the NBA does a much better job at making events EVENTS than the MLB.