Park Experience Changes?

flavum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Thunderstruck, but agree that it is outdated and would like something else to get me pumped up before the ballgame. I'm just not sure what they will use for that to happen. I'd like to see the Pirates of the Carribbean intro brought back at least for the intro movie. It would also be great to get rid of the cheesy cheers in between at bats and steal some cheers from other teams.

One thing that is great about the Twins' ballpark is that people aren't allowed to go to their section until the end of the inning. It may be a bit extreme, but it is less annoying than having to get up whenever some group gets back with their beer or food and makes you get up in the middle of the inning.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 08:03 AM)
I like Thunderstruck, but agree that it is outdated and would like something else to get me pumped up before the ballgame. I'm just not sure what they will use for that to happen. I'd like to see the Pirates of the Carribbean intro brought back at least for the intro movie. It would also be great to get rid of the cheesy cheers in between at bats and steal some cheers from other teams.

One thing that is great about the Twins' ballpark is that people aren't allowed to go to their section until the end of the inning. It may be a bit extreme, but it is less annoying than having to get up whenever some group gets back with their beer or food and makes you get up in the middle of the inning.

They will allow you to go back to your seat between at bats, but it is really nice.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 08:48 AM)
Just please, please, please no friggin cheerleaders or the like. The stupid Chevy Crew thing is bad enough.

That's why I think it won't be a very drastic change. They have the Pride Crew. They do a lot of things they already do at NBA games. I think there will be new videos, some new music. Maybe some of the in between inning activities will change. I know he is taking heat for never being at a Sox game, but maybe that is actually in his favor. They are trying to get people who don't go to Sox games to attend. He may be an expert at that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
That's why I think it won't be a very drastic change. They have the Pride Crew. They do a lot of things they already do at NBA games. I think there will be new videos, some new music. Maybe some of the in between inning activities will change. I know he is taking heat for never being at a Sox game, but maybe that is actually in his favor. They are trying to get people who don't go to Sox games to attend. He may be an expert at that.

Maybe they can incorporate a trampoline somehow.

QUOTE (Stev-o @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 10:26 AM)
I'm curious, for all you AC/DC haters, what would you rather hear than AC/DC? ©rap "music"? Hip hop? Pop?

I don't care what they play. I wouldn't mind if they mixed it up. It doesn't have to be a ritual of the same song every day.

QUOTE (SnB @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)
The quotes made me giggle.

samesies.

why don't they let the players pick the lineup music and have it rotate OR base it on like - the previous game's performance ala a game ball - might add an extra layer of fun and keep things loose.

If I were RV, that's what I'd do. Sadly though, I'm just me, talking to a computer screen. #lifeshard

QUOTE (Stev-o @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
I'm curious, for all you AC/DC haters, what would you rather hear than AC/DC? ©rap "music"? Hip hop? Pop?

I'm not a huge fan of their work, but I think Avenged Sevenfold's Hail to the King could be a decent replacement.

OT: If the Hawks ever drop Chelsea Dagger, I hope their next goal song is the Terran Theme from the original Starcraft.

I don't think it's AC/DC Specific as much as if you had this song that was really popular with the fan base for a while but then slowly lost it's appeal as time/seasons went by, you should change it up. That song was what, 25 years old when it was popular in 2005 with sox fans? It's not about pop culture relevance in itself.

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
I'm not a huge fan of their work, but I think Avenged Sevenfold's Hail to the King could be a decent replacement.

OT: If the Hawks ever drop Chelsea Dagger, I hope their next goal song is the Terran Theme from the original Starcraft.

I HATE Chelsea Dagger

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
No, in fact I'm talking about the NBA all star weekend, which has been a huge marketing success and is why baseball has an all star week. The NBA didn't invent the all star game, and the Pro Bowls advantage has nothing to do with marketing and everything to do with football. They couldn't have done more stupid things to make it less relevant, just as baseball's stupid "make it count" is not a marketing success.

I can name NBA all star weekend activities right now without looking: Game, Dunk contest, 3 point contest, skills competition, rookie/soph game, in addition to the much better job the NBA does at using that weekend to promote their stars and have them interact with media/fans.

That's the marketing angle. That's what they do way better than the MLB. Baseball has done a horrendous job of creating star power in an era of lesser home runs. If you did a poll of most famous athletes, where would Mike Trout land?

If that's true, why doesn't anyone watch the NBA all-star activities?

And I agree, the NBA does a lot better job marketing their stars, but I don't think that has anything to do with the lame all-star weekend they have. Just fundamentally, you see a basketball players face much more often than in baseball. Basketball is a much more intimate sport, the cameras are much closer and tighter to the action, as are the fans. Basketball shoes are such a huge business and every player has their signature shoes that helps spread a player's brand. Basketball players are much more recognizable and known than baseball players, but I wouldn't say that has anything to do with their all-star weekend.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
If that's true, why doesn't anyone watch the NBA all-star activities?

And I agree, the NBA does a lot better job marketing their stars, but I don't think that has anything to do with the lame all-star weekend they have. Just fundamentally, you see a basketball players face much more often than in baseball. Basketball is a much more intimate sport, the cameras are much closer and tighter to the action, as are the fans. Basketball shoes are such a huge business and every player has their signature shoes that helps spread a player's brand. Basketball players are much more recognizable and known than baseball players, but I wouldn't say that has anything to do with their all-star weekend.

And yet Jeter was a huge celebrity. Baseball has had many larger than life figures, and very recently do not. This isn't like football and goalie masks where the "you can't see their face" excuse is there. Baseball very recently has done a terrible job of injecting their stars into pop culture relevance. You don't think marketing can change that?

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
And yet Jeter was a huge celebrity. Baseball has had many larger than life figures, and very recently do not. This isn't like football and goalie masks where the "you can't see their face" excuse is there. Baseball very recently has done a terrible job of injecting their stars into pop culture relevance. You don't think marketing can change that?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
And I agree, the NBA does a lot better job marketing their stars, but I don't think that has anything to do with the lame all-star weekend they have.