Sign in to follow this  
flavum

Park Experience Changes?

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/201...-feel-this-year

I'm all for some changes, but more like the NBA?

Have to wait and see.

What is with these guys trying to ditch the Thunderstruck from the opening. Leave it alone.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)
What is with these guys trying to ditch the Thunderstruck from the opening. Leave it alone.

I'd lose that first thing, but that's me.

Why in the hell would you want it to be anything like an NBA game? I don't know about this guy.

I know I am outdated, but they could go back to all organ music, and I would be OK with that.

"Despite growing up near Andersonville, he's never been to a Sox game on the South Side."

WTF?

I haven't been to an NBA game in years... but I personally want LESS of the goofy crap between innings and before the game, other than the standard anthem, announcements, first pitches and opening video.

More promotional gimmicks, the better for baseball. That said trying to get rid of Thunderstruck will only backfire massively just like the last time. Yeah its clear he's never been to a sox game from that.

I don't usually go to a game to get embarrassed by laughably bad corny s*** music, but that's just me. In fact, next time I go I think ill be a bit late.

Playing an AC/DC song at a baseball game to me (as a Type-A white collar) screams "Trailer Park Trash". It doesn't get my fired up for baseball. It makes me cringe.

The sooner they rid themselves of any AC/DC or Aerosmith playing at the park will be a fine day in White Sox history.

A basketball guy who's never been to a Sox game. Perfect. What could go wrong?

There's probably a good number of minor league BASEBALL directors of promotion who would give their right lung for this job.

Put me in the WTF camp.

I'm cautiously excited about this. I think all that stuff has needed a refresh for some time.

Would be great if they could get rid of God Bless America at 7th inning stretch and either put it before anthem, or replace it with one of the better songs like America, the beautiful (especially with it's loose Chicago ties).

But alas, that's impossible.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
Would be great if they could get rid of God Bless America at 7th inning stretch and either put it before anthem, or replace it with one of the better songs like America, the beautiful (especially with it's loose Chicago ties).

But alas, that's impossible.

IIRC that was an MLB directive, and I am guessing no one wants to be the person to stop doing it for fear of being labeled a commy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
IIRC that was an MLB directive, and I am guessing no one wants to be the person to stop doing it for fear of being labeled a commy.

Yes, sigh, I know. Stuck with probably the worst patriotic song written for eternity.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)

The Cubs don't do it. They do it before the game with the Anthem. Celebrity Take Me Out To The Ballgame takes a backseat to no one.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
The Cubs don't do it. They do it before the game with the Anthem. Celebrity Take Me Out To The Ballgame takes a backseat to no one.

The Cubs are pretty much immune to everything that the rest of the sports world faces. They are the exception to pretty much every rule out there.

"The NBA is really well known for the big spectacle of events they do, such as All-Star weekend and the NBA Finals,"

Man, I wish baseball had events like that. Instead, there is no break in the middle of the season, and everyone goes home for the winter when the regular season ends. This guy may be on to something.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
The Cubs are pretty much immune to everything that the rest of the sports world faces. They are the exception to pretty much every rule out there.

They also got a pass on frisking people going into the park last year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)

It really chaps my ass that all those traditions that Harry started with the Sox are all Cubs things now.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
It really chaps my ass that all those traditions that Harry started with the Sox are all Cubs things now.

The Cubs can have that s***.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
"The NBA is really well known for the big spectacle of events they do, such as All-Star weekend and the NBA Finals,"

Man, I wish baseball had events like that. Instead, there is no break in the middle of the season, and everyone goes home for the winter when the regular season ends. This guy may be on to something.

He didn't say All Star game, he said ALl Star weekend, and yes, the NBA does a much better job at making events EVENTS than the MLB.