2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 13, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
Are these guys just soft? Beckman isn't really known as a wildly tough coach, every football coach will get in your face at some point but from accounts he isn't the hardest out there by far. So does it really come down to that a lot of players don't respect Beckman, especially those who weren't recruited by him? I think that's more the issue, and this other stuff happened at some level and Simon wanted to use that to gain an edge on him.

Some of the things reported, like the purple injury jerseys, are stupid and seem like a typical Beckman move that needs to go.

I dont think what he's doing is very unusual but I think there isnt a lot of respect for him with some of the older guys. I know when he sent coaches to PSU to poach players that he lost some respect with the current roster. Not sure if that weighs in here.

Threatening kids in many different ways happens across all D1 sports so its not something that is unique to this situation, the players speaking out is kind of a bad sign though. Maybe it will end his career at Illinois which is what most fans want anyway (I think).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 13, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
No, just like the Michigan map will never change no matter how many years MSU is better than UM

Good comparison.

Harbaugh better sign some players or he is going to be under MSU awhile.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 13, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
Good comparison.

Harbaugh better sign some players or he is going to be under MSU awhile.

2016 class is looking solid if the kids stick.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 13, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)
2016 class is looking solid if the kids stick.

Not really. Harbaugh isn't recruiting as well as Michigan should. They will end up with at best the third best class in the conference at this pace. Maybe even fourth.

Brandon Peters and Falcon should both be 5 stars by the time they sign.

Plus 3 other 4 stars verbals so far.

Of course winning 8 games next year would help.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ May 13, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)
Brandon Peters and Falcon should both be 5 stars by the time they sign.

Plus 3 other 4 stars verbals so far.

Of course winning 8 games next year would help.

Those two aren't even top 100 guys on scout. That's a stretch to say they are five stars to be.

Right now Michigan needs to do a lot of work.

Someone who follows Illinois football way more than I do, what's with this Beckman/player accusation crap? My twitter feed has been loaded the last few days and it all seems to suggest the player quit the team and is making s*** up. Is that the general consensus? Seems like a lot of players/ex-players are tweeting stuff today in support of Beckman and his staff.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 14, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
Someone who follows Illinois football way more than I do, what's with this Beckman/player accusation crap? My twitter feed has been loaded the last few days and it all seems to suggest the player quit the team and is making s*** up. Is that the general consensus? Seems like a lot of players/ex-players are tweeting stuff today in support of Beckman and his staff.

a lot of back and forth, from what i am hearing on the Score and reading on twitter. There was a story out of Toledo that had some of his ex players confirming some of what Simon said, and there is a lot of circling the wagons by current staff and players.

Cvijanovich said they basically went over his head and had doctors remove part of his meniscus so that he could play sooner, and he didnt find out until after the surgery. He also has stated that the Illini employed(i thought he said still employ) a head trainer that isnt certified.

Its ugly

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)
a lot of back and forth, from what i am hearing on the Score and reading on twitter. There was a story out of Toledo that had some of his ex players confirming some of what Simon said, and there is a lot of circling the wagons by current staff and players.

Cvijanovich said they basically went over his head and had doctors remove part of his meniscus so that he could play sooner, and he didnt find out until after the surgery. He also has stated that the Illini employed(i thought he said still employ) a head trainer that isnt certified.

Its ugly

I don't buy the part about his meniscus at all and if it is true, he should be filing a claim against the surgeon, not the university. The fact is that he admitted that he has talked to lawyers and none of them will take his case which to me indicates that there are a lot of issues with his story because if there was any merit to this I can't imagine he would have a hard time finding a lawyer, particularly with respect to the surgery issue.

I guess I read the accusations as a disgruntled ex-player who was pissed that the coaches yelled at him for not playing hurt and/or pressuring him to play before he felt ready. If that's the case, isn't that going on in every single football program in the country? It all seems like sour grapes to me, although obviously he's now caused a s*** storm.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
Braxton Miller official to H-back/WR. His shoulder injury just wont get better. Labrum's continue to be the worst possible injury to the arm.

That's a shame.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
That's a shame.

Yeah, but scouts have said thats his future, especially with the shoulder. 6'2" 215 with his shake would be pretty great if he proves he has the hands. We shall see.