2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently picking mizzou for a bad season went from the thing you did every season anyway to now the cool, controversial thing to do...even though nobody still picks them for a good season.

That said, the brantley injury, the lack of WRs, this year I say Tennessee has it in the East. But, I really think mizzou's D under Odom is going to be special.

At the very least, I think Mizzou's secondary will be a top 15 unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions. ...

-- Any Western Illinois fans? Is Benet QB Jack Beneventi expected to do anything in Macomb? Why did Iowa dump him as a commitment?

-- Anybody know where Benet's John Duvic the kicker has surfaced? He has left Kansas.

Finally --- Anybody know if Martez Walker is Central Michigan's top running back this season?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 11:15 PM)
Couple of questions. ...

-- Any Western Illinois fans? Is Benet QB Jack Beneventi expected to do anything in Macomb? Why did Iowa dump him as a commitment?

-- Anybody know where Benet's John Duvic the kicker has surfaced? He has left Kansas.

Finally --- Anybody know if Martez Walker is Central Michigan's top running back this season?

Beneventi sucks, he regressed a lot his senior year and I believe he was even benched. Not what one would call big ten caliber.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
Beneventi sucks, he regressed a lot his senior year and I believe he was even benched. Not what one would call big ten caliber.

Yeah Beneventi is bad. I didn't even realize that he ended up at Western.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)

Yeah, he was awesome as a junior at Benet tha transferred to Fenwick and was pretty bad. Never seen that much of a regression for a hs QB.

"Thomas said the timing is unfortunate with the season one week away. But based on preliminary findings, he said, it was in the best interests of student-athletes to act now rather than when a final report is issued and publicly released, which likely will occur during the season.

"The preliminary information external reviewers shared with me does not reflect our values or our commitment to the welfare of our student-athletes, and I've chosen to act accordingly," Thomas said. "During the review, we have asked people not to rush to judgment, but I now have enough information to make this decision in assessing the status and direction of the football program."

Thomas said he has met with players and staff to inform them of the decision and reiterated that the health and well-being of student-athletes is the top priority throughout the athletic department's 21 programs.

During a preliminary briefing from the external reviewers, Thomas said he learned of efforts to deter injury reporting and influence medical decisions that pressured players to avoid or postpone medical treatment and continue playing despite injuries. He also said in some instances student-athletes were treated inappropriately with respect to whether they could remain on scholarship during the spring semester of their senior year if they weren't on the team.

"Both of those findings are unsettling violations of University policy and practice and do not reflect the culture that we wish to create in athletic programs for our young people," Thomas said. "I expect my coaches to protect players and foster their success on and off the field.""

Not good. Here comes a class action lawsuit against the school if there are legit findings.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

David Haugh

1 min · Twitter ·

Wow. Bizarre timing. But it's Illinois. RT@sryantribune: Illinois has released coach Tim Beckman. Cubit named interim coach. '‪#‎Illini‬

Has to be conduct-related right? No way you fire a coach for performance issues 7 days before the first game.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
Has to be conduct-related right? No way you fire a coach for performance issues 7 days before the first game.

It almost definitely has to be related to the university's investigation into the football program. Crazy timing