2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)
Nothing would surprise me with Northwestern, good or bad, but they will win at least 8 games with their schedule. I'd be surprised if they don't win 9. The Big Ten West is historically bad, there's no game left they can't win. They still host Penn State and Purdue, which should be fairly comfortable wins. I still don't buy that Illinois is any good (they've played OK for two straight weeks, but that's still a team that lost to North Carolina by 34 points). Iowa isn't anything special and they come to Evanston next week. Road games at Wisconsin and Nebraska are tough only because they're road games, those teams are entirely average.

No Northwestern fade this year. Cats won 10 games because they beat the bad teams they played and avoided OSU/MSU from the other division.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 28, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

That's a good hire for ISU if true.

Supposedly just agreed. I'm a fan. He could have had a shot at Mizzou.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 07:50 AM)
I was one hundred percent rooting for replay to overturn that TD. I knew thirty seconds was too much time left.

As an objective observer, I thought it was the right call not to overturn it though. There was simply no way you could tell where the ball was at the moment he was down. The pendulum has swung a bit far with these replays.

In retrospect, you are absolutely right. Notre Dame certainly could have benefitted from punching it in on a subsequent play.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 11:32 AM)
Georiga fires Mark Richt. The amount of turnover in college football going into next is going to be insane.

Georgia is a truly elite program if they can hire the right guy. The facilities and talent level around them is insane.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)
Georgia is a truly elite program if they can hire the right guy. The facilities and talent level around them is insane.

For years, I've been scared of the day they fire Richt. A true sleeping giant. I'm hoping they screw this up and hire Kirby Smart or bring back Muschamp. As long as it's not Chip Kelly, I'll probably be able to live with it.