2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 08:21 PM)
Henry, Watson, McCaffery are your 3 Heisman finalists

Don't they usually take 5? Really surprised Elliott and Cook aren't there. Same with Reynolds (He would be deserving IMO but from the PR standpoint alone I'm surprised he wasn't invited)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
Also, am I alone in thinking that Ezekiel Elliott, Dalvin Cook and Leonard Fournette are all better than Derrick Henry?

Nope. Elliott for one was hamstrung by poor playcalling. He's probably the best all around back thats played at OSU since ive been born, but he wasnt fed the rock like he should have been. Dalvin Cook is outstanding.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
Derrick Henry would probably the most underwhelming winner in at least a decade. Figured voters may have learned their lesson on Alabama RBs after Ingram and (sort of) Richardson. It's pretty easy to play RB there.

It is and I don't think he is the best player or even RB in the country but Mark Ingram has actually turned into a really good NFL back and Eddy Lacy was really good his first two years but clearly has some effort issues. Yeldon has been respectable as a rookie as well. Richardson has really been the only Bama bust at RB in the NFL recently (but he was an incredible bust).

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
They all had better per rush averages than Henry and in the case of Elliott and Cook, they are much better in the passing game as well. Pretty sure Henry's benefiting from the "because Alabama" hype machine

I mean you gotta feed the guys to get them the overall numbers. Elliott's pass and run blocking doesnt show up in the stats and the OC f***ed him over in the most important game in the season.

Derrick Henry is maybe the 3rd or 4th best RB in the SEC, but like Rock said, the overall numbers are there. And let's remember that this isn't an award for best pro prospect or most talented. It's a numbers thing. However, with that said it will be so underwhelming if he wins. I think McCaffery should win.

Unfortunately, I think most voters probably just settled on Henry to be done with it.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
Derrick Henry is maybe the 3rd or 4th best RB in the SEC, but like Rock said, the overall numbers are there. And let's remember that this isn't an award for best pro prospect or most talented. It's a numbers thing. However, with that said it will be so underwhelming if he wins. I think McCaffery should win.

Unfortunately, I think most voters probably just settled on Henry to be done with it.

Henry's career in the NFL is going to be shorter than about every other back in the draft. Guy is a high mileage model.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
Henry's career in the NFL is going to be shorter than about every other back in the draft. Guy is a high mileage model.

Completely agree. Especially with the way he runs. He invites a lot of contact, and therefore takes a lot of hits. I know he's a big dude, but those hits add up.

Don't they usually take 5? Really surprised Elliott and Cook aren't there. Same with Reynolds (He would be deserving IMO but from the PR standpoint alone I'm surprised he wasn't invited)

They name anywhere from three to five finalists depending on how close the vote totals are. Taking only three signifies a substantial gap between third and fourth place.