2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 06:59 AM)
Penn state losing was one of the best moments of the day. Hack is nowhere near the guy everyone says he is.

He looked good as a frosh, but hasn't really improved all that much.

IU managed to get a delay of game penalty on the opening kickoff. Never seen that before. Solid start to the season!

A win's a win, even if it's Southern Illinois. But man, the defense kept giving up big plays, again. Hopefully getting a few defensive players back next week will help some, especially Darius Latham and Tegray Scales.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 07:02 PM)
Ah, forgot how great the refs in South Bend are :)

You do realize that last nights refs were big 12 officials? And that the majority of the time the refs are from the visiting teams conference?

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
Sports are funny.

Mizzou enetered the season with nice lb/db depth and questionable RB and OL depth. So what happens in the first? Our starting RB and C go down with ankles.

Hansbrough sounds like he's going to be back next week. Boehm initially returned so I think he'll be fine, too. They didn't need them against SEMO. Hopefully shouldn't need them against Arkansas State either.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
I can understand questioning it I suppose, but you can't understand it?

Barrett is clearly more efficient to me. Jones is not a high percentage passer and seems more mistake prone. He's the better NFL prospect, but why should Ohio State give a s*** about that?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
Barrett is clearly more efficient to me. Jones is not a high percentage passer and seems more mistake prone. He's the better NFL prospect, but why should Ohio State give a s*** about that?

Well I know you're pretty adept at understanding football, so I won't bother arguing much, but all you have to do is look at his size. You're just screwed because you can't bring him down unless committing to doing so, and as soon as you do that he lights you up with those receiving weapons he has.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
Well I know you're pretty adept at understanding football, so I won't bother arguing much, but all you have to do is look at his size. You're just screwed because you can't bring him down unless committing to doing so, and as soon as you do that he lights you up with those receiving weapons he has.

I don't mean to say Jones is bad. He's definitely the better pro QB prospect as I said. I just think Barrett runs the offense better. That said, it barely matters who is quarterback for OSU. Their schedule is easy and they have plenty of weapons.