Letterman's Jackets

Texsox

I understand there will be a less expensive option for this year. I'm not certain what it will look like. I may create a team jacket since none of my players have bought a varsity jacket. They would rather buy a new driver for $400 than a jacket.

The other difference from when I was in school in Illinois is here you only qualify to buy one if you have earned a varsity letter. We could buy one freshman year and would sew on our freshman numbers (grad year), then you would earn a sophomore letter (smaller than varsity, then to complete the look a varsity letter with devices for each sport or, keep sewing on each letter. To really complete the third world general look, the track and cross country runners would add the medals we won and walk down the halls jingling like Noriega at a state dinner.

I graduated in 2002. We had the option of getting them but I cannot remember ever seeing a single member of my eighty person graduating class wearing one. I want to say the cost was around $75-$150 depending on which version you got but the cheap ones were pretty cheesy looking and maybe that's why nobody got them. My sister was three years older and it seemed like her entire class wore them.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa